Visual Novel: Lime-iro Ryukitan X
It is the 38th year of the Meiji Era. The Russo-Japanese War that started the previous year had intensified. The Japanese Army was worried about the overwhelming strength of the Russian Army and the mysterious Raimu Army behind the scenes. But, there was a light in Japan. The Lime Tai Army!
Kyoshiro Inukai has just been promoted to Commander of the new Lime Unit Army, created in the wake of the dissolution of the previous Lime Unit. It consists of his childhood friend Tsumugi Shima, half-Russian Shuro Naoe, studious Nishiki Ii, clumsy ninja Kasuri Hattori and aspiring nurse Aya Nabeshima. In the meantime, Kuki has added a new familiar in the form of a flying squirrel named Toushi to her ranks.
In Russia, a new group of fighters called the Faden Knights, carrying on the legacy of Rasputin, have started attacking. It's time for the Amanohara
to set sail once more. The problem is that Kyoshiro knows everything there is about being a soldier, but he's unprepared to be a teacher.
, Lime-iro Ryukitan X (Cross) ~Koi, Oshiete Kudasai~
started off as a Visual Novel
battle sim game before receiving an anime adaptation of its own in the winter of 2005.
Lime-iro Ryukitan X provides examples of the following tropes:
- Airborne Aircraft Carrier: The Amanohara again.
- Androcles' Lion: Kyoshiro fights a deer to a draw. That same deer, feeling the "male friendship", helps Kyoshiro and the girls climb the ruins to find Kasuri and Aya.
- Animated Armor: The Raimu again. Human-sized Motion Capture Mecha that sync with their pilots.
- Artifact of Doom: The Dark Egg, a device that creates Raimu by sucking out other peoples' souls. The Faden Knights have a giant version as their home base.
- Badass Normal: Kyoshiro has no Raimu powers on his own, yet goes into battle to fight them anyway. He also takes on wild moose with his bare hands.
- Bifauxnen/Bokukko: Shuro.
- Big Damn Heroes: When Tsumugi is fighting a losing battle against Cashmere's army of Raimu, the Amanohara, guns firing, flies out of the sky to save her and the rest of the squad.
- Bigger Is Better: Linen's Raimu in episode 13, which is made from an entire castle.
- But Not Too Foreign: Shuro is half-Russian, half-Japanese.
- Cain and Abel: Chiffon is actually Shuro's little sister, who's gone Ax-Crazy after killing their mother.
- Catch Phrase: Kyoshiro has "Until the end, I'll win!"
- Chaste Hero: Unlike Shintaro, Kyoshiro never catches onto the fact that the girls love him, even though he's closer to their age. It takes a confession in the middle of the final battle for him to even realize it.
- Class Representative: Nishiki. She always carries around her rulebook to make sure her classmates stay in line.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Tsumugi really doesn't like it when everyone else tries to make a move on Kyoshiro. She believes she got there first.
- Cool Horse: Nishiki's Raimu is a samurai on horseback — complete with horse.
- Deliberate Injury Gambit: Kyoshiro willingly rams his head into the wall to injure himself so Aya can become confident in her nursing skills. The lengths he'll go to...
- Deus Sex Machina: Carried over from the last series.
- Elemental Powers:
- A Father to His Men: Captain Kaji returns, still commanding the Amanohara.
- Faux Action Girl: After Kyoshiro gains his own Raimu form, even though it can coexist alongside the girls' summons, they always give their powers to him instead of fighting on their own. This fixes itself by the end of the series, though,
- Furo Scene: In lieu of her bedroom, in the anime, Kuki has a hot springs set up in the ship. Still an oppurtunity for fanservice, just of a different kind.
- Golem: One of these awakens in the temple, being a transformed state of the Egg.
- Historical Villain Upgrade: Linen/Lady Faden is Catherine the Great still alive in the early 1900s by absorbing the souls of others. Also, evil.
- Hospital Hottie: Aya, a nurse in training.
- Hot-Blooded: Kyoshiro suffers from a bit of Testosterone Poisoning. He's a Screaming Warrior and a Determinator. While at first surprised that the Lime Tai Army is all girls, he gets used to it quick enough.
- Hot for Teacher: Though unlike Shintaro, Kyoshiro has very little idea how to be a teacher and a lot on being a soldier. He's also closer in age to the girls.
- Imagine Spot: Everyone, but Tsumugi is the most prone.
- Intimate Healing: Tsumugi strips down to her underwear and heats Kyoshiro's body by herself after the two of them get swept down the river.
- Large Ham: Shuro is theatrical in her speech.
- Meido: Tsumugi
- Meganekko: Tsumugi.
- Ninja: Kasuri, a bit of a dojikko.
- The Pornomancer: Again, like Shintaro.
- Powered Armor: The five girls' hearts combined grants Kyoshiro a suit of flying armor, turning him into a Raimu. The girls turn into their Raimu in the final battle, and play a more direct hand in the fight.
- The Power of Love: As in Senkitan, but this time, it's both more grandiose and more direct.
- Puppet King: Lady Faden is Linen. An actual puppet was in place in scenes where the two of them were in the same scene.
- Rated M for Manly: Kyoshiro is overblown in his idea of manliness, to the level where he becomes a Chaste Hero. His manliness and being a soldier take precedence over the harem he's building up.
- Save the Villain: After seeing how Cashmere is treated by her boss, Kyoshiro makes the effort to save her, even after she'd been trying to kill him for so long.
- School Nurse: Sumi returns to the ship once more.
- School Swimsuit: When the girls go to train in the mountains.
- Something about a Rose: Shuro.
- Strapped to an Operating Table: Very small version. Aya straps Toushi, in flying squirrel form, to a table and plans to dissect her. She doesn't go through with it.
- Theme Music Power-Up: The OP plays in the final battle.
- Theme Naming: The fabric/general theme naming for the heroes and villains returns.
- Weapon of Choice:
- Why Couldn't You Be Different?: Shuro's father wanted a boy, so Shuro decided to live as one to please her mother. Her figure is too feminine, no matter how much she insists "I'm a man."
- Why Did It Have To Be Hammers?: Kasuri is afraid of hammers. Thanks to Kyoshiro, she gets over this fear, but not before having a 10-Minute Retirement.
- You Have Failed Me: Lady Faden absorbs Chiffon and Cashmere's souls after they fail to complete her mission, creating more fuel for the Egg.