Video Game: Windy X Windam
Windy X Windam
is a Fighting Game
from the same development team behind Izuna Legend Of The Unemployed Ninja
, and including Izuna and Shino from that game.
It takes place on a remote island kingdom called Gawain, a place where people empowered with devices called "Windies" are given the ability to fly. Seven fighters, along with a mysterious "eighth" malefactor, have assembled for a tournament, wherein the winner will have his/her one greatest wish granted. Aside from the flight and special attacks granted by their devices, the fighters also have the ability to transform (for a very brief period of time) into a more powerful form.
The game was released in Japan in the summer of 2008 by Success
, while it was given a very limited release in the U.S. by Graffiti Entertainment
two years later, available only through online retailers.
- Artificial Stupidity: Computer opponents don't block or (with the sole exception of Shino) roll out of the way when knocked into the air.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: The game's English localization is riddled with typos and redundant dialogue.
- Captain Ersatz: More than half of the character roster bears similarities to characters from the Guilty Gear series with varying degrees of resemblance, Jack (a Slayer lookalike) and Big (a Potemkin clone) being the most blatantly obvious.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Stin.
- Dull Surprise: Every character only has one facial portrait, which is used for both story cutscenes and Super Move Portrait Attacks.
- Guest Fighter: Izuna and Shino. They appear in every character's main storyline, but have to be unlocked by finishing the game on the harder difficulties.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Kirikou is the only sword-wielding fighter in the original roster.
- Hot Witch: Ashley
- Malevolent Masked Man: G
- Mighty Glacier: Big.
- Mirror Match: When playing as Izuna or Shino, you eventually have to fight against characters impersonating them.
- Numerical Hard: Bumping up the difficulty level only alters the attack and defense power of CPU-controlled opponents. Their tactics remain the same.
- One-Letter Name: G
- Transformation Is a Free Action: When a character transforms before their super attack, the opponent is frozen in place for a few seconds.
- A Winner Is You: After defeating the final boss, the game only shows a picture of your fighter along with short expository text about their exploits afterwards, and dumps you back to the title screen after entering your name on the high score list.