Video Game: Star Sweep
Star Sweep (aka Puzzle Star Sweep) is a PlayStation Puzzle Game published by Axela. In the vein of Panel de Pon, you match up the stars on these 3x1 blocks called "star blocks," and lose if your stack reaches the top. You can make combos and chains to produce obstacles to hinder your opponent. There were also Arcade Game and Game Boy versions, but those never reached Western shores.There's a notable Greco-Roman influence throughout the game, though character designs are done in an anime style.Not to be confused with Twinkle Star Sprites or Star Ocean.
This game contains examples of:
- Ambidextrous Sprite
- Artificial Limbs: Dr. J has a robotic arm.
- Big Bad: Dr. J.
- Bishōnen: Rank.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: The English version of the game is pretty cheaply dubbed, and it... shows. "At least we meet," anyone?
- Cybernetics Eat Your Soul: Implied with Dr. J.
- The Hero: Tia.
- Jungle Princess: Princess Rio.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Rank.
- Long Song, Short Scene: The game's music is pretty awesome, but the matches usually last far too short for you to hear all of it. The worst example is the world map music, which you only get to hear a few seconds of, despite the sound file directly from the game disc being two minutes long.
- Lost in Translation: Pretty much inevitable with a cheap dub, a few details were missed in the English version. For example, the Japanese version clearly indicates Tia as Mint's older sister, while the dub doesn't even make mention of it.
- Mad Scientist: Dr. J.
- Puzzle Game
- The Rival: Mint.
- Rule of Cute
- Talking Animal: Domingo.
- Tin-Can Robot: B-1.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Several of the characters have improbable hair colors.