Video Game: Project G
Project G is a 2009 PC Fighting Game by arashi200xjp created with Enterbrain's Fighting Game engine.The titular Project G was a project intended to save the world from pollution. However, Regear, who was created to fulfill the task, decides to Take Over the World instead. What he does after that? Well, he travels 10000 years back in time so he... can take over the world back then too, or something?Regardless, a group of warriors from different time periods battle each other for the right of kicking his ass and setting things right. Notably, among them we have Zero— yes, Zero from the Mega Man X series, for some reason.A review and more info can be found here.
And this is the game's homepage.
This game contains examples of:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Regear was made to solve pollution problems. Instead, he seeks to conquer the world both in the past and the future.
- Amazing Technicolor Battlefield: One of the arenas.
- Big Bad: Regear.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Efard and Veliol wield a pair of gauntlets with spikes.
- Combos: The game engine allows for a good amount of combos and juggles.
- Combo Breaker: Costs one gauge.
- Digitized Sprites
- Diving Kick: One of Hyakuyender's attacks.
- Doppelgänger Attack: Zeckle can summon clones to attack.
- Final Boss, New Dimension
- Flash Step: One of Zero's abilities. He makes a gesture and warps.
- Guest Fighter: Zero.
- Henshin Hero: Hyakuyender.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Dick, Baltz, Cres, Seana and Zero wield swords.
- Jousting Lance: Zeckle's chosen weapon.
- Lawyer-Friendly Cameo: Zero, who is called "0" in menus and wields a "Omega Buster". Doraemon is also involved in the story, but his face is censored.
- Perfect Run Final Boss: True Regear, if you beat Regear without losing a round.
- Power Fist: Hyakuyender wears spiked brass knuckles.
- Ramming Always Works: One of Cres' supers has her charge at the enemy while surrounded by an aura.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: One of Regear's specials.
- Rolling Attack: One of Zero's specials, Kuuenbu.
- SNK Boss: Regear, both in normal and true form. The game evens the odds by giving you a CPU partner to help tackle True Regear.
- Spam Attack: Zero has a special shot that costs a piece of his special gauge. He can keep firing for as long as he has meter to spend, so if the first blast lands the opponent might be doomed.
- Sphere Eyes: Zeckle gets comical googly eyes whenever he's hit.
- Super Move Portrait Attack
- Sword Beam: Used by Dick, Seana and Zero.
- Time Travel
- Wolverine Publicity: This obscure little indie fighting game featured Zero from the Mega Man X series two years before Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 did and it does a good job at implementing him.