The Pirates of the Caribbean
were adapted into a Facebook video game. The character helps Jack Sparrow against enemy pirates, settle in an island for repairs... and Jack Sparrow left, leaving the player stranded in an island, surrounded by pirate ships and pirate islands. The player must build a base and a navy, and get upgrading the ships, weapons and defenses. The game was shut down on 2 September 2014.
Pirates Of The Caribbean contains examples of:
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us: Well, Jack Sparrow does this to the player on a smaller scale in the intro, it "All Your Fleet Are Belong to Us".
- Anti-Poop Socking : Buildings take time to upgrade, and you can't build or upgrade others in the meantime.
- As Long as There Is Evil: If you attack and defeat a pirate fleet, or a pirate island, it will dissapear. But don't raise your hopes: new ones will appear. You'll never be able to clean the water of this pirate pest.
- Badass in Distress: The game begins with the player rescuing Jack Sparrow
- Big Bad: Muldoon
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: You can use Gold to speed up construction and building upgrades
- Cosmetically Different Sides: There are countless types of pirates roaming the seas, but when you defy them, it's always the same story: place your ships at the side of their ships, stay that way, and the strongest one sinks the other.
- Hello, Insert Name Here: During the first dialogue, the NPC realizes at a point that he had not asked the name of the player. And so, you insert your name.
- Pirate Girl: Nora
- Privateer: Technically, the player is this, a privateer of the base island, rather than an actual pirate. But there are no actual nations around, only other pirates, and stealing from thiefs is fine.
- Rape, Pillage, and Burn: You can do this with other pirate islands, and get more resources. And, of course, other players can do it to you as well; you have to repair the base when you return.
- Undefeatable Little Village: The player can not lose, ever. The base may be pillaged and burned, but it can be repaired for free in just 5 minutes
- You Require More Vespene Gas: The player can get wood and iron in the island, and other resources by pillaging ships.