is a game on Steam
in the style of a 1980's MS-DOS game, complete with PC Speaker sounds, EGA graphics, and the game screen moving in blocks rather than smoothly. It was created by Daniel Remar
, of Iji
fame, and Ludosity.
After humanity colonized Mars, a research station orbiting the planet conducted controversial research on the nature of life - and death. Dubbed MURI
, the project resulted in an armor suit of cataclysmic power. Kojo, son of the two head scientists, was equipped with the suit. The people of Earth and Mars, fearing Kojo to be a world-ending weapon, prepared their robot armies to destroy him and the research station. Yet as the Martian forces declared their attack, Mars suddenly vanished...
This game contains examples of:
- A God Am I: Both Adwoa and Kojo definitely think they have the right to remake whole planets as they see fit.
- Archnemesis Dad: Or in this case, Archnemesis mom. Adwoa may kill her own daughter to fulfill her goals.
- Bittersweet Ending: Adwoa and Kwaku combine and enter the Earth's core to make a new world that is unlike Earth.
- Bold Inflation: MURI is always colored in blue to set it apart from any other word.
- Bonus Boss: Multiple, if you want to get all the cells. Some of them are harder than actual bosses!
- Of special note is Nkiru, the anti-MURI, who only appears in an optional warp at the end of level 4-4 on MURI difficulty.
- Gaia's Vengeance: The Earth's Core isn't very happy about the prospect of Adwoa or Kwaku fusing with it and doing who-knows-what, hence it is the Final Boss.
- Genre Throwback: To Duke Nukem I, Bio Menace, Commander Keen, and the like.
- Goomba Stomp: Yep, you can jump on enemies to kill them.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: When Kojo absorbed all of Mars, he was just trying to rebuild it into a more peaceful place. Instead, he ended up comatose, and the ghosts of all life on Mars infested his MURI.
- Infinity+1 Sword: The chaos weapon, which is ridiculously powerful compared to all the other weapons. And if you find all the cells in the final episode, you get infinite chaos.
- Mad Scientist: Adwoa
- Powered Armor: The MURI-class suits, of course.
- Retraux: Very, very retro.
- Robot War: Most of the enemies are robots. Also, after the disappearance of Mars, the nations of Earth started using them against each other.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Kojo has the ghosts of all life on Mars inside his MURI. Adwoa tries to restore them (after beating them up first), to no avail.
- Sheathe Your Sword: Optional. One level boss is Adwoa's daughter. Since neither of them really want to kill one another, refusing to fight back stops the battle entirely.
- Suspicious Video Game Generosity: When the game gives you infinite of any special weapon, you can expect difficulty ahead.
- Villain Protagonist: If it wasn't for Adwoa's actions, all the horrible stuff wouldn't have gone down. And then Adwoa goes and tries to fix things her way, which can include killing her own daughter.