Creator: Daniel Remar
Daniel Remar is an indie game developer from Sweden. His most famous game is probably Iji, which he created over a span of four years. All his games can be downloaded here. He is aware of TV Tropes, and in fact has posted on the TV Tropes Forum threads about his games, providing Word of God and information on the games' development.He works at Ludosity Interactive, the company of fellow indiegame creator reallyjoel, where some full versions of prototype games from his "scrap packs" were published.
Games made by Daniel Remar include:
- Hero Core, as well as the game Hero, its predecessor
- Castle Of Elite, a puzzle-platformer
- Garden Gnome Carnage, a rather ...uncommon Christmas-themed arcade-style game.
- Hyper Princess Pitch, a Garden Gnome Carnage Spin-Off and Spiritual Successor to Operation Carnage
- Muri, a Genre Throwback to 1980's MS-DOS platformer-shooter games
- Princess Remedy In a World of Hurt, a role-playing arena shooter?
Tropes commonly found in his games:
- Easter Egg: His games contain lots of them. This is part of his Signature Style.
- Hey, It's That Sound!: He's fond of re-using explosion sounds (and sprites) from Iji.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Anastasia Matuszewski, who voice-acts the Goddess of Explosions, is the niece of Anna Ashabova, who voice-acts Iji.
- Running Gag: Reallyjoel's Dad, a Memetic Badass who is allegedly capable of completing all the games blindfolded with one toe and a broken controller that is on fire.
- And thus many of Remar's games have a hidden "Reallyjoel's Dad" difficulty that's an Unwinnable Joke Difficulty for everyone who isn't Reallyjoel's Dad.
- Signature Style: Equally great amounts of Easter Eggs and Stuff Blowing Up.
- Turns Red: Usually inverted, as he prefers bosses weakening as they take damage to avert Critical Existence Failure.
- Unwinnable Joke Game: Most Remar Games have a highest difficulty level called "Reallyjoel's Dad" that is completely impossible. Examples include Hero Core, Iji, and Hyper Princess Pitch.
- Please note that Reallyjoel's dad has completed the Reallyjoel's Dad difficulty of Hero Core. Just to prove that the level name isn't hyperbole.