Video Game: Galaxy Legion
A Web Original
browser-based Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game
. Galaxy Legion
is a game on Facebook
where players take the role of one of several races and professions. Unlike standard Facebook games, Galaxy Legion does not require spamming your friends' walls, nor begging them for favors, although friends can help out. The game is on a single server, and the developer, Dan, is proud that he created the game without using Flash. The game is notably very complex in its strategy, and players have many options to follow in their quest for power.
Tropes that are central to the game itself:
- Aliens Speaking English: Seems that way.
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: It's perfectly possible to play the game and never spend a dime. Of course the best things on the game cost real-world money, but most of those can also be found by heavy questing/killing Non Player Characters. Even the game's pay currency, Galaxy Points, can be given freely by the computer.
- Casual Interplanetary Travel: Players can access any planet they own / have on scans at any time, although they may merely be ordering planetary governors around rather than actually visiting the planet. Since they can only Invade a planet once a day, the cool down might be explained as travel time. But since they can attack as many planets as they want and raid enemy legion bases, insta-travel seems likely.
- City Planet: Ecumenopolis Planets, full stop.
- Cool Starship: Your milage may vary on which ships are cool.
- How Can Santa Deliver All Those Toys??: Let the Scruuge take them.
- Humans Are White: The only human images thus far are white.
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: Played almost straight with by the Zolazin player picture.
- Mini-Mecha: Prototype Mech XV, which you get for completing 3 or 6 missions.
- One-Product Planet: All planets can be this, and often are. Of course, there are only three products; Mining (which could net you any one of 10 different minerals and is usually sold for cash), Artifacts (which could net you any one of 40+ different consumer goods),or Research (which can be put into development or if you've done enough development, sold for cash).
- Single-Biome Planet: Every planet except the Terra and Gaia Planets.
- Of course, most of the other planet types are lifeless (Barren, Crystal, Metallic, Gas / Plasma, Volcanic / Demon, or Toxic / Irradiated) planet types. But there are also sandy Desert planets, frozen Ice planets and water covered Ocean planets all of which might have lifeforms and might be described as Single Biome, if one didn't assume that there are still different Biomes within deserts, oceans, or even tundra. The Sentient Planets, Exotic Planets, Dyson Spheres, Cthonic Planets, and Rift Planets are too strange and fictional to be defined as Biomic, let alone single biome. After all, what kind of weather does a planet-sized computer have?
- Space Pirates: Most of the NPC factions are these. Players can engage in piracy as well.
- Stealth in Space: Zolazin Modus Operandi.
- The Order: The Stryll Order.
- Wave Motion Gun: The goal of the game is to become the strongest ship possible, and the weapons available certainly count as this. Of note is the pay-only Radiant Surge Cannon.
- We Can Rule Together - Your reward when you finish a mission chain that's centered on an unlockable race.
- The Wiki Rule: Dan created the wiki to help fans out.