Brave Firefighters is an arcade game by SEGA. It is about firefighters. The game uses a novelty hose controller to put out the flames. The player must check the pressure meter. This game is much, MUCH more realistic than Burning Rangers.
- Adult Fear: Taylor not only being concerned for his safety, but that of his wife and daughter as well, who are also trapped inside the burning city hall.
- Boss Battle: Boss fires, apparently. You have to protect Mayor Taylor (in Scenes 1 and 2) or his daughter (in Scene 3) while whittling down the source flame's "life" meter.
- Hostage Spirit Link: If you use the normal spray instead of the sprinkle spray on burning victims, you'll lose 2 seconds of time. The same also happens if you let them stay on fire.
- Idiot Ball: After being rescued in Scene 1, :Taylor assaults a few firefighters to break free from his detainment and find his family. While it's understandable that he's worried about them, he only causes more trouble because the next scene is dedicated to rescuing him again."Mayor! What were you thinking?!"
- Kill It with Water: Being firefighters and all.
- Love Makes You Dumb: A non-romantic version. Mayor Taylor knocking out a few firefighters trying to restrain him to go find his family is the whole reason Scene 2 exists.
- Multiplayer Difficulty Spike: Think having a 2nd player makes the game easier? Think again! You get less time bonuses than if you played by yourself.
- Nintendo Hard: Understandable, as it is an arcade game and as such needs a way to make money.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right: Near the end of scene 3, Team A1's captain orders the two of them to evacuate, but they refuse as the mayor's daughter is still inside. Cue the Final Boss fire.
- Spiritual Successor: To Burning Rangers.
- Timed Mission: In lieu of a health meter, you get a time limit. Clearing a section fast enough will grant you a time bonus. Shooting certain objects will also give you a little time bonus. "Shooting" a hostage with your standard high-pressure spray or getting hit by embers will cause you to lose two seconds.