A Rescue show focuses on a group of professional Emergency Services personnel who specialize in helping people and animals when trapped in dangerous situations out in the field. Typically, the story formula often shows the development of the emergency which turns into a life and death crisis that no one can help but the rescue force. They in turn usually are alerted at their base with an Emergency Squad Scramble with their driving theme music playing as they board their vehicles and proceed full speed to the emergency to perform the rescue. Although these series are expensive to stage with all the explosions and location shooting (unless you use puppets...), they have the advantage that, during times of crackdowns on media violence, they're action shows where the heroes save people instead of killing them.
- Chicago Fire
- Code Red
- Emergency! — The Ur Example and Trope Codifier
- High Mountain Rangers
- Machine Robo Rescue
- Medicopter 117, a German example.
- PAW Patrol
- Police Rescue, an Australian example.
- Rescue 911
- Rescue Heroes
- Rescue Special Ops
- Third Watch - With a bit of Police Procedural, increasingly so as the show goes on
- Tomica Hero Rescue Force - A tokusatsu version of this kind of show.
- The Rescue Mission Trilogy in the Metal Heroes franchise: Tokkei Winspector, Tokkyuu Shirei Solbrain, and Tokusou Exceedraft
- Transformers Rescue Bots