Video Game: Ai to Yuuki to Kashiwa Mochi
Irisu Syndrome!. This game features the same sort of sweet-dark plot as it's forerunner, so be prepared for surprises! Many have even described it as a a crossover between Kashiwa Mochi and Irisu Syndrome! in both gameplay and plot.Ai-chan is a adorable but Ill Girl who loves eating sweets and being in love with her boyfriend, Yuki. But it's not as straightforward as that: Ai isn't just an Ill Girl, but the Littlest Cancer Patient as well. As the game progresses, she slips closer and closer to the edge. Scoring enough points will keep her around, though! The gameplay itself is pretty similar to Yoshi's Cookie only with a wicked difficulty curve.The computer version can be downloaded here. An official iOS version titled "Love Mochi" was released in 2011 and can be bought from the iTunes Store.Her boyfriend Yuki is there too! Yay!
This game provides an example of:
- Multiple Endings: Three, one after playing a certain number of times, and two more at 50,000 and 200,000 points.
- Nintendo Hard: Like Irisu Syndrome!, if you don't know the tricks to this game, you're not going to get very far.
- Scoring Points
- Thirteen Is Unlucky: Your 13th game gives you the Bad Ending.
- Timed Mission: The entire game is on a time limit and you have to score as much points as possible.
- Widget Series: Cute, Japanese Yoshi's Cookie-esque puzzler that has a dark side.
Ai-chan, you don't look so good...