open/close all folders
Some Works I enjoy
I like a lot of works, but with most of them I'm pretty casual. I had being introduced to a lot of works in the past thanks to a certain somebody. Here are some cases:
- Naoki Urasawa works in general. I still need to finish to read all of his works. Introduced thanks to Dross Rotzank waaay back in 2010.
- Dragon Ball.
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I was introduced to it in 2015, but I was already familiar with the Road Roller meme.
- Ashita no Joe. Introduced thanks to Manly Anime Hero in 2016. For that, i'm always grateful
- Individual comic book characters I enjoy are Superman, Doctor Strange, and Doctor Doom.
- Invincible: Introduced thanks to my pal JAS. For that, i'm always grateful, of course.
- Metal Gear Solid: Introduced around 2014 thanks to my friend Ed Art. For that, i'm always grateful.
- Steven Universe: The only show on CN I actually follow, with the rest i'm pretty casual.
tropes about me
- Adorkable: i'm a nerd, even if I deny it.
- Apologises a Lot
- Berserk Button: I have a few.
- Memes, more specifically, most of latin american memes, the ones that end with ":v" or "papu". They are not funny, they are not clever, it only makes you look like an utter moron. Why waste your brain creativity in uttering nonsense? Look, I don't mind memes, just as long as they are creative in something.
- Fandoms in general. Is not that I hate them, is only that the most annoying fandoms can ruin the experience for me, or worse, make me hate something I was indifferent in the past. The anime fandom (or more specifically, the Shonen Jump fandom) made me distrust anime, but I got better.
- Naruto. Any mention of this series will annoy me, due to the fact that the utter deception it became, and how much of a murderer apologist Naruto became at the end of the story only make me want to puke. It doesn't help my best friend is a fan, and any opportunity will mention it, even if he knows it annoys me.
- Don't imply that just because a woman criticized me i'm less of a person. That's rude from your part, not from her.
- Zigzagged with Snob Jerkasses. I absolutely loath them, with me having a terrible experience with one talentless asshole in the past. However, I will tolerate the snob if he/she is capable of creating something good. If so, then you earn my respect, and you are allowed to be as much as a Snob as you want. A spanish comic book artist is an example, with a work of his that made me cry.
- Bi the Way
- Brilliant, but Lazy: according to my friends and family, anyway. I'm too lazy to become a better artist or writer, or to make my homework. I will accept criticism, however. I always do.
- Catchphrase: All will be well. Not originally mine, but a really good friend of mine like this quote, to the point he would tell it to me to feel better. It has helped me.
- Cannot Tella Joke: I personally believe my humor is bad, and i'm too Literal-Minded to make puns. This is ironic, considering that Criticando-T is about reviewing and making jokes about comics, and some of my jokes were found funny by some people. This is my role in the Synchtube tropers group.
- Caustic Critic: Used to be one. I'm more neutral now at days, trying to balance positivity with negativity.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Not in a funny way, mind you. Sometimes is difficult for me to understand what people are trying to say due to my lack of social experience.
- Creator Breakdown: I hate most of the reviews and articles I have wrote in the past, to the point I'm kinda scared of writing anything. I was childish, I attacked people who were learning just like me, I was offensive, didn't investigate enough the subject, or worse, not funny at all. I'm working on it, though.
- The Cynic: I'm not very idealistic, due to all the terrible things happening in my country out of stupidity.
- Deadpan Snarker: Yes.
- I Hate Past Me
- Jerkass with a Heart of Gold: I'm not good with people, and I rather avoid them. Doesn't mean I want them all to suffer.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: At first defied, but now played straight. I'll admit is funnier to read sometimes.
- Lazy Artist: I gave up on drawing a long time ago, professionally, at least. I can still design some stuff.
- Lazy Bum: Not all the time... just when i'm home.
- Non-Action Guy: I'm not a strong person.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: I couldn't edit in Tv tropes for three years for this reason. If you see any mistake, please correct me!
- Old Shame: My life in Deviantart. Nuff said.
- Running Gag: Changing my nickname in the Synchtropers group. (Example: Tomodachi, Tomo in love, Sick Tomo, Friend in moonspeak)
- The Quiet One: To the point I could be watching an entire movie in the Synchtropers group without saying anything.
- Theme Naming: Tomodachi, Henry T, Tony Corona. They all have T's.
Tropes I enjoy
Some of my characters
I'm guilty of creating characters for my own amusement, and I enjoy paying (Or not) artist to draw them. However, with some exception, most of them aren't made for a story in particular. I'm putting them so I can roleplay later on the forums.
A small hedgehog with an emotive hat, Sorio serves (used to?) as the mascot for Criticando-T.
- Blatant Lies: He will claim he is not related with either Sonic or Mario, but that his name comes from a french village.
- Composite Character: Originally of Sonic and Mario. Now he doesn't share many attributes with either.
- Expressive Accessory: His hat can reflect his true feelings due to the face it has. As such, Sorio can be easily read if he is lying, since his hat will appear nervous.
- Foil: To myself in the reviews, where i'm mostly being too cynical and critical for my own good, Sorio is a pleasant fellow that enjoys the good in the bad ( Even the horrible)
- Nice Guy: Unlike yours truly, he doesn't have any sort of malice in his person. People joke he is secretly a psychopath (Like yours truly), but those are lies.
- Nice Hat: A red hat with a face on it, reflecting his true thoughts. If he is happy, the hat is happy. If he is sad, but tries to hide it, the hat will show its sadness.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: A cute small hedgehog with a cute small hat that is mostly reflecting his positive thoughts.
Gregorio "Gregory" Gallardo / Insecto Nocturno
The protagonist of my webcomic, "Insecto Nocturno" (That has been in hiatus for months). A man trapped in an armor working for a supervillain as his bodyguard, all with the condition of getting out of the armor.
- Action Dad: He was trapped in the armor to save his son from a disease gained by an epidemia. He is also a young father, being just 23 years old.
- Affectionate Nickname: Dimitri always refers to him as "Gregory".
- Animal-Themed Superbeing: A cockroach themed antihero.
- Anti-Hero: His motives are noble, trying to save his kid from a disease, but the fact he must work with criminals in order to do so push him to do evil deeds, much to his regret.
- Deadpan Snarker: Tend to react sarcastically to his boss eccentricities. Or his enemies eccentricities.
- Determinator: Despite what tragedies lies on his way, he will get out of that armor, doesn't matter what.
- The Dragon: His work as the bodyguard of a villain puts him on this position, especially since his boss rarely, if ever, fights.
- Dull Surprise: Much to his annoyance, his powered armor don't allow him to emote or show much emotion.
- Expy: Inspired by Stun the Insect, from the Bloody Roar videogames, with a little dash of Yugo the Wolf.
- In-Series Nickname: "Insecto Nocturno" (Always in spanish), given to him by a enemy as a mockery. He is also known as the "knight of rusty armor" and "The knight of sorrowful figure" (Both of these are Shout-Out to books).
- Last Name Basis: If someone calls him by name, it will be "Gallardo". Almost no one calls him "Gregory" or "Gregorio".
- The Lost Lenore: He still misses his late wife, Victoria.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Almost no one calls him by name. He is either "Insecto" (which his enemies call him, as a mockery) or "Gregory" (By his boss, which is affectionate).
- Shout-Out: The name "Gregorio" is a reference to Franz Kafka The Metamorphosis.
- Running Gag: Don't ask him how he goes to the bathroom.
Tropes about his armor powers
- Boxing Battler: Is a boxer entusiast, so he mainly fights with his fists.
- Magnetism Manipulation: Has magnetic powers, but can only concentrate one object at the time. He also can't fly. This power was given to him by Dimitri, since following "the logic of movies", Gregory thought it was the best choice for a power.
- Night-Vision Goggles: Thanks to it's armor, he can see in the darkness, but sadly he can't turn it off, making him see a world of gold in the night, but can't never see the light of day, or else he is temporarily blind.
- Powered Armor: He is trapped in an armor shaped like an insect, that grants him Super Strength and Super Resistance, permanent night vision, and thanks to Dimitri, he has magnetic powers. The only problem is that going to the bathroom is a pain.
DimitriThe mysterious man known as Dimitri proclaims himself to be the world's greatest villain. He has one objective in mind: finding all the power gems, the source of the power of many armors, for his own. He is Gregory boss.
- Affably Evil: Despite proclaiming himself as a villain, he is pretty jovial and nice to be around. He also does genuinely care about his subordinates.
- Animal Motif: Mantis.
- Chess Motif: Considers himself a black (or blue) king, with Gregory as his tower.
- Color Motif: Always associated by the color blue. He sometimes proclaims he has "blue blood".
- Cloudcuckoolander: Is enthusiastic about his huge collection of bugs, proclaim himself the world's greatest villain, and talks with a skull he names Horatio, who also proclaims is his best friend.
- Expy: He is a composite character of many characters, but the one he is most similar is Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Hidden Depths: His favorite movie is Kurosawa Seven Samurai.
- Keet: Very enthusiastic. He was over excited to know which techniques Gregory uses on his missions, which mildly annoy him since Dimitri won't shut up.
- Pretty Boy: A handsome fellow of bright Green Eyes. Downplayed, however, since his appearance is still considered to be generic, which he acknowledges.
- Meaningful Name: Dimitri, as a name, comes from the goddess of the earth in ancient mythology. Dimitri cares about nature, the insects, and has bright Green Eyes.
- Nature Lover: Loves nature, and always find time to take care of it and his bugs collection.
- Orcus on His Throne: Doesn't get involved in conflicts, leaving everything to his bodyguard.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Dimitri is not his real name. His name and nationality are a mystery. Gregory can only guess he is european due to his accent and looks.
- Sharp Dressed Man: Always wears fancy blue clothes. In his words, he can't live without his blue coat.
- Take Over the World: Subverted. He claims the world already belongs to him.
- Terms of Endearment: Refers to his subordinates with nicknames. He calls Gallardo "Gregory", and only that. Gregory find it annoying, but prefers that over "Insecto".
- The Star Scream: He betrayed his and Gregory former boss just to find a gem. Don't trust him when he is under your command.
- Teen Genius: He is only 21 years old, something Gregory found baffling.
- TV Genius: An expert engineer capable of creating and modifying the best armors in the world. He, however, can't take Gregory armor out due to a defense mechanism, so he sends Gregory to find gems in order to look for another way to get him out.
- Pet the Dog: Whatever his real motives are, him caring about his subordinate is genuine.
Read ya later!