open/close all folders
Some Works I enjoy
I like a lot of works, but with most of them I'm pretty casual. I had being introduced to a lot of works in the past thanks to a certain somebody. Here are some cases:
- Naoki Urasawa works in general. I still need to finish to read all of his works. Introduced thanks to Dross Rotzank waaay back in 2010.
- Dragon Ball.
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I was introduced to it in 2015, but I was already familiar with the Road Roller meme.
- Ashita no Joe. Introduced thanks to Manly Anime Hero in 2016. For that, i'm always grateful
- Individual comic book characters I enjoy are Superman, Doctor Strange, and Doctor Doom.
- Invincible: Introduced thanks to my pal JAS. For that, i'm always grateful, of course.
- Metal Gear Solid: Introduced around 2014 thanks to my friend Ed Art. For that, i'm always grateful.
- Steven Universe: The only show on CN I actually follow, with the rest i'm pretty casual.
- Sea Snail Studio: I've been a fan of him before he deleted his Spanish-speaking works, so I wanted to provide him with some support.
- Rubén Leon: The voice actor of the The Joker. Is not fair only mexican voice actors get creator pages!
- Esteban Garcia: My favorite voice actor on the Latin American voice acting industry. :)
- Works and sites
- I helped in the creation of many subpages in the Dragon Ball pages, thanks to my growing interest on Dragon Ball Super. I'm only doing the justice of the gods, what good are tropers if they do not provide?
- Dońa Barbara: Doña Barbara was mentioned in some pages on the site, and was previously the Trope Namer for Evil Colonialist, so I decided to read the work again and provide a workpage for the book.
- Two Masters: Needs a revamp, Mayshing deserves better.
- Tapastic: Some webcomics needed the index.
- My Best Friend Marneao: I've been a fan of Sea Snail Studio works for years, so, I wanted to help him a bit with his first english work.
- Dr. Stone: I was interested in the comic once I knew Boichi was working on it. I fell in love with the comic from day one, and as such, planted the seed for the kingdom of science!
- Ultraduck: I liked the series ever since I reviewed it, as such, wanted to help the author with some publicity, expecially since Ultraduck is so low on the radar.
tropes about me
- Adorkable: i'm a nerd, even if I deny it.
- Apologises a Lot
- Bi the Way
The Patriots planted the seed, we don't need them around to foster and filther their memes any longer! We're spreading just fine by ourserlves! Every american man, woman and child, we are all Sons of the Patriots now!
- All will be well. Not originally mine, but a really good friend of mine like this quote, to the point he would tell it to me to feel better. It has helped me.
- "Planted the seed", based on one of the quotes of Senator Steven Armstrong.
- Cannot Tella Joke: I personally believe my humor is bad, and i'm too Literal-Minded to make puns. This is ironic, considering that Criticando-T is about reviewing and making jokes about comics, and some of my jokes were found funny by some people. This is my role in the Synchtube tropers group.
- Caustic Critic: Used to be one. I'm more neutral now at days, trying to balance positivity with negativity.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Not in a funny way, mind you. Sometimes is difficult for me to understand what people are trying to say due to my lack of social experience.
- Creator Breakdown: I hate most of the reviews and articles I have wrote in the past, to the point I'm kinda scared of writing anything. I was childish, I attacked people who were learning just like me, I was offensive, didn't investigate enough the subject, or worse, not funny at all. I'm working on it, though.
- The Cynic: I'm not very idealistic, due to all the terrible things happening in my country out of stupidity.
- Deadpan Snarker: Yes.
- I Hate Past Me
- Jerkass with a Heart of Gold: I'm not good with people, and I rather avoid them. Doesn't mean I want them all to suffer.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: At first defied, but now played straight. I'll admit is funnier to read sometimes.
- Lazy Artist: I gave up on drawing a long time ago, professionally, at least. I can still design some stuff.
- Lazy Bum: Not all the time... just when i'm home.
- Non-Action Guy: I'm not a strong person.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: I couldn't edit in Tv tropes for three years for this reason. If you see any mistake, please correct me!
- Old Shame: My life in Deviantart. Nuff said.
- Running Gag: Changing my nickname in the Synchtropers group. (Example: Tomodachi, Tomo in love, Sick Tomo, Friend in moonspeak)
- The Quiet One: To the point I could be watching an entire movie in the Synchtropers group without saying anything.
- Theme Naming: Tomodachi, Henry T, Tony Corona. They all have T's.
Tropes I enjoy
Some of my characters
I'm guilty of creating characters for my own amusement, and I enjoy paying (Or not) artist to draw them. However, with some exception, most of them aren't made for a story in particular. I'm putting them so I can roleplay later on the forums.
A small hedgehog with an emotive hat, Sorio used to serve as the mascot for Criticando-T, and was best friend with the Zona Fantasma mascot, Nishiki.
- Blatant Lies: He will claim he is not related with either Sonic or Mario, but that his name comes from a french village.
- Composite Character: Originally of Sonic and Mario. Now he doesn't share many attributes with either.
- Expressive Accessory: His hat can reflect his true feelings due to the face it has. As such, Sorio can be easily read if he is lying, since his hat will appear nervous.
- Foil: To myself in the reviews, where i'm mostly being too cynical and critical for my own good, Sorio is a pleasant fellow that enjoys the good in the bad ( Even the horrible)
- Nice Guy: Unlike yours truly, he doesn't have any sort of malice in his person. People joke he is secretly a psychopath (Like yours truly), but those are lies.
- Nice Hat: A red hat with a face on it, reflecting his true thoughts. If he is happy, the hat is happy. If he is sad, but tries to hide it, the hat will show its sadness.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: A cute small hedgehog with a cute small hat that is mostly reflecting his positive thoughts.
Gregorio "Gregory" Gallardo / Insecto Nocturno
The protagonist of my webcomic, "Insecto Nocturno" (That was quietly cancelled until further notice). A man trapped in an armor working for a supervillain as his bodyguard, all with the condition of getting out of the armor. Gregory just wants to return home with his kid, but must fight against the "Super heroes" of his home country to obtain their power sources.
- Action Dad: He was trapped in the armor to save his son from a disease gained by an epidemia. He is also a young father, being just 23 years old.
- Affectionate Nickname: Dimitri always refers to him as "Gregory".
- Animal-Themed Superbeing: A cockroach themed antihero.
- Anti-Hero: His motives are noble, trying to save his kid from a disease, but the fact he must work with criminals in order to do so push him to do evil deeds, much to his regret.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: While he decided to work with Dimitri in order to get out of the armor, he asked Dimitri if he could have someone to work with in his missions, expecially a cute girl like in the movies. Dimitri then made the Huntress Butterfly, the same woman who poisoned Gregory, to work with them. Gregory regrets ever asking him about it.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Defied Trope. Her hatred for Noemi is geniune from both sides.
- Deadpan Snarker: Tend to react sarcastically to his boss eccentricities. Or his enemies eccentricities.
- Determinator: Despite what tragedies lies on his way, he will get out of that armor, doesn't matter what.
- The Dragon: His work as the bodyguard of a villain puts him on this position, especially since his boss rarely, if ever, fights.
- Dull Surprise: Much to his annoyance, his powered armor don't allow him to emote or show much emotion.
- In-Series Nickname: "Insecto Nocturno" (Always in spanish), given to him by a enemy as a mockery. He is also known as the "Bug of rusty armor" and "The knight of sorrowful figure" (Both of these are Shout-Out to The Knight of Rusty Armor by Robert Fisher, and Don Quixote).
- Last-Name Basis: If someone calls him by name, it will be "Gallardo". Almost no one calls him "Gregory" or "Gregorio".
- The Lost Lenore: He still misses his late wife, Victoria.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Almost no one calls him by name. He is either "Insecto" (which his enemies call him, as a mockery) or "Gregory" (By his boss, which is affectionate).
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: He seriously, seriously, hates Noemi Pocaterra, and doesn't want anything to do with her. Much of his interactions with her is snarking, making fun of her, and hates her more than the local politicians. This actually has to do with her poisoing in their first encounter: due to being trapped in the armor, the poisoning experience was worse than anything a normal person would experience, and the fact she is the daughter of Mayor Pocaterra, the same man responsible for the terrible shape of the hospital Gregory's late wife passed away. He naturally despises to be in the same floor with her.
Dimitri: You should maybe get a grip with her, Gregory. I'm starting to think you are falling in love like a little child.Gregory: I would rather end with you than with that witch, and you are rather low on my priorities.Dimitri: Well, at least I'm flattered I'm considered.
- Running Gag: Don't ask him how he goes to the bathroom.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: He will not kill anyone. He is traumatized by the countless deaths he had to see during his time with his former boss, so he made the deal with Dimitri that, if he doesn't kill anybody during his time working for him, Dimitri will give him a bonus every mission.
Dimitri: You hear that Horatio? (Holding the skull in his hand) Yeah, he thinks you are pretty crazy, but guess what: crazy people have guts, and I can always work with someone with guts.
- X Meets Y: He is inspired by Stun The Insect from Bloody Roar, with the fighting style and motivation of Yugo the Wolf from the second game.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: He actually is worried about fighting with women due to an old fashioned belief of his. Dimitri find this annoying. He, however, doesn't feel the need to help any woman he dislikes, as in many ocassions where Noemi was in danger, he didn't do anything to help her, because he seriously despises her that much.
Tropes about his armor powers
- Boxing Battler: Is a boxer enthusiast, so he mainly fights with his fists.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: His armor is a well balanced combination of defense, speed, and raw power. His raw power can crush a giant tank without issue.
- Magnetism Manipulation: Has magnetic powers, but can only concentrate one object at the time. He also can't fly. This power was given to him by Dimitri, since following "the logic of movies", Gregory thought it was the best choice for a power.
- Night-Vision Goggles: Thanks to it's armor, he can see in the darkness, but sadly he can't turn it off, making him see a world of gold in the night, but can't never see the light of day, or else he is temporarily blind.
- Powered Armor: He is trapped in an armor shaped like an insect, that grants him Super Strength and Super Resistance, permanent night vision, and thanks to Dimitri, he has magnetic powers. The only problem is that going to the bathroom is a pain.
The mysterious man known as Dimitri proclaims himself to be the world's greatest villain. He has one objective in mind: finding all the power gems, the source of the power of many armors, for his own. He is Gregory's boss, and promised him to take him out of the armor.
- Affably Evil: Despite proclaiming himself as a villain, he is pretty jovial and nice to be around. He also does genuinely care about his subordinates, to the point he invites them something good to eat after a mission is finished.
- Animal Motif: Mantis.
- Chess Motif: Considers himself a black (or blue) king, with Gregory as his tower.
Gregory: At least i'm not the queen...
- Color Motif: Always associated by the color blue. He sometimes proclaims he has "blue blood".
- Cloudcuckoolander: Is enthusiastic about his huge collection of bugs, proclaim himself the world's greatest villain, and talks with a skull he names Horatio, who also proclaims is his best friend.
- Hidden Depths: His favorite movie is Kurosawa Seven Samurai.
- Keet: Very enthusiastic. He was over excited to know which techniques Gregory uses on his missions, which mildly annoy him since Dimitri won't shut up.
- Pretty Boy: A handsome fellow of bright Green Eyes, his good looks and mysterous origins is what made Noemi work for him.
- Meaningful Name: Dimitri, as a name, comes from the goddess of the earth in ancient mythology. Dimitri cares about nature, the insects, and has bright Green Eyes.
- Nature Lover: Loves nature, and always find time to take care of it and his bugs collection.
- Orcus on His Throne: Doesn't get involved in conflicts, leaving everything to his bodyguard.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Dimitri is not his real name. His name and nationality are a mystery. Gregory can only guess he is european due to his accent and looks.
- Sharp Dressed Man: Always wears fancy blue clothes. In his words, he can't live without his blue coat.
- Take Over the World: Subverted. He claims the world already belongs to him.
- Terms of Endearment: Refers to his subordinates with nicknames. He calls Gallardo "Gregory", and only that. Gregory find it annoying, but prefers that over "Insecto".
- The Star Scream: He betrayed his and Gregory former boss just to find a gem. Don't trust him when he is under your command.
- Teen Genius: He is only 21 years old, something Gregory found baffling.
- TV Genius: An expert engineer capable of creating and modifying the best armors in the world. He, however, can't take Gregory armor out due to a defense mechanism, so he sends Gregory to find gems in order to look for another way to get him out.
- Pet the Dog: Whatever his real motives are, him caring about his subordinate is genuine.
- X Meets Y: Dimitri combines many characters attributes I like, but I would describe him as Sonic the Hedgehog meets Captain Nemo.
Noemi Pocaterra / Mariposa Furtiva (Huntress Butterfly)
The fifth member of the Republic Stars with the codename of Mariposa Furtiva, Noemi Pocaterra is the daughter of the mayor of the city. In a mission to obtain the gems from the country elite superhero team, The republic stars, Gregory finds himself fighting with the Underwater Beetle. However, both of them were ambushed by the Huntress Butterfly who sent a poison gas to the place. The two escape, however, and Gregory faces her. Noemi became a member of Dimitri's group after her defeat, not because of her talent, mind you... but because Dimitri always wanted someone who knows how to sing, and because Gregory wanted a girl to work with. Gregory despises her.
- Action Girl: She is a member of the Republic Stars, the superhero group of the country, and can give a good fight. However, she is a Fragile Speedster, since her armor is made for sneaking purposes, not fighting.
- Alpha Bitch: A Stereotype Flip version. She is the daughter of the mayor, a full blown otaku, and believes herself to be better than everybody.
- Daddy's Little Villain: She is the daughter of the corrupt Mayor Pocaterra, and is quite corrupt herself, like using money for her dramatic shows for her super heroine persona.
- Hopeless Suitor: One of the reasons she joined Dimitri's group is because she find him interesting, like " a good manga twist". Sadly for her, Dimitri is not interested.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite coming from a corrupt family who is well known for using the poor as an excuse to stay in power, she geniunely believes she is helping them with her superheroics. And when she is not with Gregory, she shows to be a jovial girl to talk about movies and fiction.
- Occidental Otaku: She is an full blown otaku, enjoying to watch Shonen and Korean dramas. She even sings covers for some anime openings in a concert.
- Punny Name: Pocaterra is an name of Italian origin, but in Spanish, it can be read as "Poca Tierra" (Very little ground), which fits as her superhero identity is a butterfly.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: She is the victim of Gregory's jerk side due to their first encounter, and she kindly returns the snark at him.
Noemi: You're still angry about out first encounter, Gigi? I'm impressed you're so inmature.Gregory: Words are poison coming from you, witch.
- Terms of Endearment: She will call Dimitri "Dimi", and Gregory "Gigi" (Which can mean "old man" in Japanese, a lampshade on the alliteration, and a mockery of "Gregory").
- X Meets Y: Noemi is Morene from Kingdom Under Fire The Crusaders meets Ulala from Space Channel 5.
- Fragile Speedster: She has a good offense, and her sneaking techniques make her formidable, but her suit is not designed for fighting one to one combats. Her defenses suck.
- Dance Battler: Her fighting involves a lot of dancing to make a good show for the audience.
- Not Quite Flight: She can't fly, but glide, similar to Batman with her suit.
- Poisonous Person: Despite being a butterfly, her suit allows for different kinds of poison to be released from her body.
Domenico Pocaterra / Escarabajo Marino (Underwater Beetle) / Neptune
The seventh member of the Republic Stars with the codename Escarabajo marino. However, due to him finding his codename rather boring, he decided to call himself Neptune. Domenico is the son of Mayor Pocaterra, and the brother of Noemi. However, he was disowned by his family after an incident losing his arm. Thanks to his armor he managed to recover it, and became a super hero for his homeland. He gave Gregory his "Code name" by simply playing around.
- Artificial Limbs: He lost his arm in an accident, but thanks to the Stars, he managed to gain a new one made of the latest technology. However, the arm is also his armor weakness, as it can't take too much damage or will explode.
- Blood Knight: He enjoys to use his armor to have a good fight. It helps he is practically invencible with it.
- Hero Antagonist: Unlike Noemi and other stars, Domenico is the closest thing to an Ideal Hero the forsaken country has. Domenico is merely trying to arrest a well known criminal, and while a Smug Super about it, Gregory has nothing but respect for it.
- My Country, Right or Wrong: He is loyal to his country, and believes his armor is a gift for the benefit of the people. This is despite the fact the Stars are all rotten to the core, with him being the exception. Then again, his family are involved with them...
- Large Ham: He loves to boast and pose like a Sentai superhero, and loves to scream Insecto! with his voice.
- Nice Guy: Unlike his family, he doesn't have any disdain for his enemies or use politics to control the poor; he believes the ideals the Stars preach about. He is also very humble, as he is fine living in an simple apartament with his dog.
- Occidental Otaku: Defied. Domenico is a fan of American media unlike his sister, but they both have a thing in common: both enjoyed Dragon Ball Z in their youth.
- Shout-Out: One that is Lost in Translation, but he is the one who gave Gregory the codename "insecto Noctuno" based on Vegeta's catchphrase in the Latin American dub of Dragon Ball Z.
Domenico: Insecto! Hahaha, I always wanted to say that!
- Punny Name: Pocaterra, while in Italian in origin, can be read as "Poca Tierra" (Very little earth), which describes someone who can create small earthquakes.
Read ya later!