Well, I suppose I should introduce myself. I am Setnakhte. My username an obscure Egyptian king I know nothing about, but like his name. (The "kh" is pronounced in the back of the throat, if you're wondering.) I live in Northern California (the actual north: the Bay Area is central as far as I'm concerned,) and attend a local JC.
Works I like
- Event Horizon
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Repo! The Genetic Opera
- Lord of the Rings
- Plan 9 from Outer Space
- Star Wars - Episodes III through VI and the fight scene in episode I only. Jar-Jar Binks can go to Hell.
Tropes which describe me
- All Gays Are Promiscuous - I'm not exactly known for being picky.
- Badass Longcoat - Subverted: like most people who own the things I look like a complete dork in it. Unlike most people who own one, this means I don't ever wear it.
- Berserk Button
- esp. with the Gratuitous Japanese. Even more so when it's misused.
- War Hawks
- People who defend rape (this includes rapefic)
- People who don't know what they're talking about but insist on being treated the same as people who do.
- Bigotry in all its forms
- Overly PC people
- People who think JRPGs have actual role-playing.
- Pædophiles and pædophilia apologists.
- Camp Gay - take a look at some of the works I enjoy
- Straight Gay - now look at some of the others
- Ho Yay - have this with nearly every straight male friend of mine
I like your username (I'm taking a class on Egyptian art this semester—fun times). He was the father of Ramesses III and succeeded a female pharaoh whose name escapes me, so he also started a new dynasty (Dynasty 20?). Also, you seem pretty cool. ~Autumncomet