Tropers / Midnight Man
from the North of Germany, always on the lookout for occurrences of tropes, no matter what he's watching—or reading, for that matter. Can hardly watch anything anymore without noticing loads of tropes and the urge to edit the respective TV Tropes entry
. Many of his edits have to do with Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
which he hardly needs to watch anymore to spot the tropes in it. But he is willing to add whatever there is to add about whatever franchise. This world is chock full of tropes waiting to be picked, and that's what he attempts to do.
Midnight Man contains examples of:
- Adjusting Your Glasses: Type 2, bilateral, and type 3.
- Alliterative Name
- All Love Is Unrequited
- City Mouse
- Conspicuous Trenchcoat: Hard to get replacements now that short coats are in.
- Cool Shades: His glasses are phototropic and turn dark in sunlight.
- Creator Backlash: Mostly his Self Insert fics. If you're a Rangerphile, too, Your Milage May Vary, though.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Eating Lunch Alone
- '80s Hair: Hir hairstyle hasn't changed much in more than two decades, and yes, he needs chemicals to shape it.
- Fan Fic: The Midnightverse.
- Fauxtivational Poster: Maker of these.
- Filk Song: Wrote a couple of Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers-themed filk parodies including some about the fandom or the show's cancellation in the USA (although he isn't even American).
- Geek. And proud of it.
- Gratuitous French
- I Am What I Am
- I Call It "Vera": Loves to do this with high-tech devices. And yes, one of them is called Vera.
- I Have Many Names
- Loners Are Freaks
- Machine Empathy: Sometimes.
- Non-Action Guy
- Oktoberfest: Averted.
- Rail Enthusiast
- Recursive Fanfiction
- Screw the Money, I Have Rules!, sometimes bordering on The Last DJ
- Spell My Name with an "S": It's downright impossible to spell his real last name correctly after hearing it.
- Spock Speak: Sometimes.
- Stage Names
- Stealth Hi/Bye
- The Stoic: Most of the time.
- Surprisingly Good English: Some people find it hard to believe he writes his stories directly in English despite being a native German speaker.
- TV Tropes Will Enhance Your Life: Come on, how many people are there who received an award, a fandom award even, for their work on TV Tropes? (It's a 2009 Golden Acorn Award, in case you're curious, and it was for this troper's work on Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers. His acceptance speech was deliberately spiked with trope titles wherever possible.)
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: Both played straight and subverted.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Vocabulary
- A Wild Rapper Appears: One of his roles in the band—rap where nobody expects rap.