Gushing About Shows I Like
Shows and games I unabashedly love:Things that made me fall in love with TV Tropes:
- Animaniacs (the first Internet fandom I found my way into)
- Homestar Runner
- MS Paint Adventures, specifically Homestuck and Problem Sleuth
- The Simpsons (before about season 9)
- That Guy with the Glasses
- Tiny Toon Adventures
- Nintendo games, specifically the Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda and Kirby franchises. I also really liked the Wii pack-ins, and I've been playing a lot of Splatoon recently.
- Azumanga Daioh
- Excel Saga
- Team Four Star
- Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series
- Anime and anime parodies in general, really; as you can see, I'm a few years behind the times. :P
- Final Fantasy VI
- How It's Made
- Good Eats
- True-crime investigation shows (Forensic Files, Cold Case Files, American Greed, etc.)
- Most sports (I actually don't mind a good game now and then)
- Deadly Towers. Yes, I actually had this game when it was new, and it was the most infuriating game I ever played. I don't think either me or any of my brothers got past the first level.
- Final Fantasy VII. Still a good game, but not nearly as satisfying as VI was.
- Law & Order: SVU of late. It's just plain gotten weird, and there seems to be some Flanderization going on (Stabler is more of a Jerkass than ever). I stopped watching it not long after I first wrote this page, actually.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?. The Mouse and His Child. My favorite piece of obscure, ponderous 1970s Nightmare Fuel, and you guys knew about it without me mentioning it first. (The movie is so obscure that for years, me and my next-younger brother seemed to be the only people who'd ever seen it; I actually created the IMDb entry for it back in 1997!) This made my day when I first saw it.
- You love Watership Down, too, which also made me incredibly happy.
- Sugar Wiki. An entire namespace devoted to happy, cuddly stuff. Being a hopeless romantic and an unrepentant snugglebug, well, you can guess my reaction. XD
- Apologises a Lot (this has been a huge drag on my self-esteem over the years, it turns out)
- Big Eater (if I don't forget about it anyway; I particularly have a bad habit of skipping lunch and stuffing myself at dinner)
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer (I'm a software engineer, so this kind of comes with the territory)
- Cloudcuckoolander (Not as bad as I used to be, but I still have disturbing daydreams and nightmares at times.)
- Gentle Giant
- I Hate Past Me (but doesn't everyone)
- Moeblob (Often to nausea-inducing levels. I'm older than I look, I almost never refuse hugs, and even when I'm upset about something I'm apparently pretty endearing.)
Comments, flames, marriage proposals, death threats, etc. go here.
(Note: Apparently this doesn't work anymore! You should go here instead.)
- Lee is from Virginia. Lizard Bite wholeheartedly supports his fellow Virginian
- Hello Mr Man Moe! -signed, Kinkajou
- * hugs!*
- Hello! Just dropping by. You seem to have impeccable taste in games and I always enjoy reading your posts.—Longfellow
- Every time I see Lee post I just want to hug him and snuggle him and who knows what else. —Stark Maximum
- Woohoo! Another Virginian! That's awesome. And so are you. — Pinata
- The third Virginian to leave a mark in this space- Strawberryflavored
- Jefferson lives! - deathpigeon
- [Insert act of random vandalism here] Does this make you happy? 8] -squiddleTron
[++ You have been hugged by Katrika the New Years Vandal!++ ]
- [++ Yay belatedly! -pouncehugs Kat-++ ]