Tropers / Fredhot 16
Hello. My name is Fredhot 16
Now that we have that out of the way, allow me tell you a little about myself.
Tropes Regarding Myself
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: I currently have about writing ideas ranging from the New World of Darkness to My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure in my head and only about (To Be Determined) of those I plan to write when I become an professional writer.
- Berserk Button: Do. Not. Call. Me. Weird. I'll openly admit I'm eccentric, strange, and not normal. I am not, however, WEIRD.
- Black Comedy: I find myself dipping into this trope when I'm trying to be snarky or mocking. It's uncomfortable for me but sometimes I don't feel too bad about it. Other times...
- Bookworm: Having almost 500 books on your kindle qualifies me as this, right? That and I had the habit of reading books while walking forwards or backwards in elementary school.
- Brainy Brunette: I've got black hair and I'm damn intelligent.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: I'm working on averting this trope! It...it's still a work in progress.
- Brown Eyes: I've got a pair of them. Chocolaty-brown too! Kinda make wish I could eat them. Just kidding!
- Bully Hunter: I was this from elementary school to 10th grade.
- Catch-Phrase: Whenever I open a new topic of conversation on a forum on this website, I usually start off with "SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO...".
- Cloudcuckoolander: Thanks to my antics, I come off as this to most people. But I also have to admit that I'm a bit strange even when I'm just acting for my own amusement.
- Converted Fanboy: I was ambivalent about Doctor Who until I started watching it out of boredom on Netflix. Now I can see why people like it so much.
- Covert Pervert: Only three people have discovered my inner pervert and I don't think that any of these three people remember now. And that's the way I want to keep it.
- Cynicism Catalyst:
- Cuddle Bug: Coming from an Sudanese family and, unfortunately, not being fluent in Arabic, I find that a hug is often useful when dealing with my Sudanese relatives. It's a simple gesture of affection that crosses all linguistic barriers and Sudanese people are generous with hugs, anyway!
- Deadpan Snarker: I have the habit of dropping the occasional quip either out loud or in my head.
- Fatal Flaw: My laziness, pettiness, and habit of being a perpetual gadfly strike me as this.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: I'll admit that I avoid using the curse words people usually throw around like candy. I'll use "bugger" as much as I want, however, and cursing in typing doesn't fucking count.
- Guilty Pleasure: There's a certain website called "Create Your Own Story". It's filled to the brim with Choose Your Own Adventures that fixate on sex. I don't enjoy those type of Choose Your Own Adventures in the slightest but I do frequent the website and even have a Choose Your Own Adventure on that website which, I assure you, is a proper story.
- I Hate Past Me: Every day I remember dumb things I had thought, said, or done. Every day I wish I was never that stupid and try to suppress the urge to build a time machine and then go back in time and kill my past self violently. Yes, I know that it would kill me too. I don't care. Let's just say that I was a moron.
- Ignore the Fanservice: I'm usually of this attitude when fanservice pops up. Usually. Let me make it clear, I find nothing inherently nothing wrong with fanservice but I don't like it when it's there for it's own sake. I appreciate fanservice more when it's combined with a three-dimensional character so both of my heads don't have to waste time debating with each other. My general attitude towards fanservice is, "yes, that's a nice butt, thanks. I get it, those are impressive breasts. Thanks for that but- I do appreciate the luscious cleavage she's showing but I'd rather get on to the story if you would kindly- I don't care about her underwear, just get on with the story!" Fanservice, in my humble opinion, should be a complement to the story, not one of the primary features. It's as though you're having ketchup on your hamburger. Your hamburger should be fine without ketchup and even if there is ketchup, it shouldn't be too much so as to not ruin the hamburger.
- Islam: I'm a Muslim and proud of it. Sunni, if you're curious.
- Jerkass: I'm either the below trope or I have delusions of being a better person then I think I am because I once entertained fantasies of being a hero.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: On one hand, I'm arrogant, petty, sarcastic, and sometimes a bit childish and selfish.
- Large Ham: When I just want to have fun, I'll break into exaggerated gesticulations, use a faux Irish or Russian accent, and imitate Commander Bison. I highly recommend that everyone should do this at least ONCE in their life. It's fun.
- Nightmare Fetishist: I'll admit it, I like Nightmare Fuel. I especially have a taste for the mundane becoming terrifying with just a little thought. I will admit, however, that I'm kinda of a coward with actual horror movies and games.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: When I become a writer, I plan to become this. It combines both my love of being a Troll and my love for scary things!
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Yes. I fit this trope. I've been wearing glasses since I was eight or nine.
- The Cynic: I will readily admit that I am a proud cynic though I like to think that I'm the type of cynic that would like the world to be more idealistic but has to acknowledge reality. However, I am not the kind of cynic that thinks that the world is all cynical. I'm a realist, I acknowledge that the world isn't all gloom and selfishness. There is good in the world and a lot more then people think.
- The Gadfly: The rationale behind 70% of my actions is simply because I wanted to see people's reactions.
- Took a Level in Jerkass:
- Troll: If I can't achieve that perfect moment of confused silence as everyone tries to make sense of what the hell I just did or said, I'll just settle for pissing people off. It's just as fun, honestly.
Tropes I Like
- Boobs of Steel: I'll be honest, this is mostly the pervert in me talking about but I do like this trope.
- Deadpan Snarker: Like likes like.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: I don't know why I like this trope. Because I think I fit this trope too? Because I like the cold? Because I like Popsicles? All of the above?
- Large Ham: I'm a sucker for overacting. It's just so fun to watch and do!
- Sociopathic Hero: I don't like why I like this trope. Maybe because it's the closest you can come to being evil while still being called a hero? I don't know and I don't like what it says about me.
- The Anti-Nihilist: This trope is actually pretty fascinating to me.
- Took a Level in Idealism: To a cynic like me, becoming more idealistic is much like somehow getting younger. It's curiosity, plain and simple. How does one become more idealistic then when they started?
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: It is one of my personal beliefs that there are no weak powers, only people too foolish to use them right.
In early 2017, inspired by Tobias Drake
's reviews (well, "liveblogs" is a more accurate term), I began a series of reviews on whatever I felt like reviewing, which are all on this website in the various forums and threads that the material I reviewed belonged to. Below is a a Google Document that has all the links to all the reviews that I've done on this website.
Here are the stories I am currently working on.
Jojo's Choose Your Own Bizarre Adventure:
Four Book series about Alchemy:
Medieval Russia Fantasy: