Tropers / Fredhot 16
Yo. My name is Fredhot 16
Now that we got that bombshell out of the way, let me tell you a little something about myself.
Tropes Regarding Myself
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: I've currently got about writing ideas ranging from NWOD to OWOD to MLP to Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure in my head and only about of those I plan to write when I become an professional writer.
- Berserk Button: DO. NOT. CALL. ME. WEIRD. I'll openly admit I'm eccentric, strange, and not normal. I am not, however, WEIRD.
- Black Comedy: I find myself dipping into this trope when I'm trying to be snarky or mocking. It's uncomfortable for me but sometimes I don't feel too bad about it. Other times...
- Bookworm: Having almost 500 books on your kindle qualifies me as this, right? That and I had the habit of reading books while walking forwards or backwards in elementary school.
- Brainy Brunette: I've got black hair and I'm damn intelligent.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: I'm working on averting this trope! It...it's still a work in progress.
- Brown Eyes: I've got a pair of them. Chocolaty-brown too! Kinda make wish I could eat them. Just kidding! I'm The Gadfly, remember?
- Bully Hunter: I was this from elementary school to 10th grade.
- Catch-Phrase: Whenever I open a new topic of conversation on a forum on this website, I usually start off with "SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO...".
- Cloudcuckoolander: Thanks to my antics, I come off as this to most people. But I also have to admit that I'm a bit strange even when I'm just acting for my own amusement.
- Converted Fanboy: I was ambivalent about Doctor Who until I started watching it out of boredom on Netflix. Now I can see why people like it so much.
- Covert Pervert: Only three people have discovered my inner pervert and I don't think that any of these three people remember. And that's the way I want it.
- Cynicism Catalyst:
- Cuddle Bug: Coming from an Sudanese family and, unfortunately, not being fluent in Arabic, I find that a hug is often useful when dealing with my Sudanese relatives. Look, it's a simple gesture of affection that crosses all linguistic barriers and Sudanese people are pretty huggy, anyway!
- Deadpan Snarker: I have the habit of dropping the occasional quip and smartass remark either out loud or in my head.
- Fanboy: Changeling: The Lost from the New World of Darkness, Warhammer 40K, BlazBlue, Demon: The Fallen of the Old World of Darkness, Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure,
- By now (September, 28, 2016, if you're curious), I've officially thrown my lot in with Marvel Comics. At first, it was on a whim as while I liked the Justice League show from the 2000s and generally knew more about DC's works then Marvel's, they did have a better (or, at the very least, more popular) Cinematic Universe. After more research into the world of Marvel, I can decidedly say that I'm a Marvel fanboy. Why? Because the Marvel Universe sounds like one of the shittiest, Lovecraftian-style monster filled, terrifying worlds I've ever read about. And I LOVE IT.
- Fatal Flaw: My arrogance, laziness, and habit of being a perennial The Gadfly strike me as this.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: I'll admit that I have a pathological avoidance of the curse words people usually throw around like candy. I'll use "bugger" as much as I want, however, and cursing in typing doesn't fucking count.
- Guilty Pleasure: There's a certain website called "Create Your Own Story". It's filled to the brim with Choose Your Own Adventures that fixate on sex and sex and sex. I don't enjoy those type of CYO As but I do like the website and even have a few CYO As on that website which, I assure you, are NOT sex romps. They're proper stories.
- I Hate Past Me: Every day I remember dumb things I had thought, said, or done. Every day I wish I was never that stupid and try to suppress the urge to build a time machine and then go back in time and kill my past self violently. Yes, I know that it would kill me too. I don't care. Let's just say that past me was, to use the vulgar, a fucking moron.
- Ignore the Fanservice: I'm usually of this attitude when fanservice pops up. Usually. There's nothing wrong with fanservice and I appreciate fanservice more when it's combined with a three-dimensional character so both of my heads don't have to waste time debating with each other. However, my general attitude towards fanservice is, "yeah, that's a nice ass, thanks. O.K, I get it, those are stonking great tits. Thanks for that but- YES, I do appreciate the luscious cleavage she's showing but I'd rather get on to the story if you would kindly- goddamn it, I don't care about her damn underwear, just get on with the FUCKING SHOW!" Fanservice, in my humble opinion, should be a complement to the story, not one of the primary features.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: I think I might be this since I'm arrogant but I somehow have a serious lack of confidence.
- Insufferable Genius: Intelligent? Yes. Arrogant about it? Yep.
- Islam: I'm a Muslim and proud of it. Sunni, if you're curious.
- Jerkass: I'm either the below trope or a arrogant prick with delusions of being a better person then he thinks he is because he once entertained fantasies of being a hero. My little sister seems to think that I'm a big jerk.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: On one hand, I'm arrogant, petty, snarky, and sometimes a bit childish and selfish. On the other hand, I'm
- Large Ham: I like to think that I'm actually a pretty good actor but when I just want to have fun, I'll break into exaggerated gesticulations, use a faux Irish, Russian, or any accent that I find myself doing, and go all Commander Bison. I highly recommend that everyone should do this at least ONCE in their life.
- Nightmare Fetishist: I'll admit it, I'm a flat-out sucker for Nightmare Fuel. I especially have a taste for the mundane becoming terrifying with just a little thought. I will admit, however, that I'm kinda of a wuss with actual horror movies and games.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: When I become a writer, I plan to become this. It combines both my love of being a Troll and my love for scary things!
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Yep. I fit this trope. No argument here.
- The Cynic: I will readily admit that I am a proud cynic though I like to think that I'm the type of cynic that would like the world to be more idealistic but has to acknowledge reality. However, I am not the kind of cynic that thinks that the world is all cynical. I'm a realist, I acknowledge that the world isn't all gloom and selfishness. There is good in the world and a lot more then people think.
- The Gadfly: The rationale behind 70% of my actions is "Because I wanted to see people's reactions to it."
- Took a Level in Jerkass: I'm afraid that I took
- Troll: If I can't achieve that perfect moment of confused silence as everyone tries to make sense of what the hell I just did or said, I'll just settle for pissing people off. It's just as fun, honestly.
Tropes I Like
- Ax-Crazy: I don't know why this trope appeals to me so much but lunatics, psychopaths, and psychotics just seem so...interesting, so fun to watch and read especially when they've always been like that and not a single person could tell.
- Boobs of Steel: I'll be honest, this is mostly the pervert in me talking about but I am a fan of this trope.
- Deadpan Snarker: Like likes like.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: I don't know why I like this trope. Because I think I fit this trope too? Because I like the cold? Because I like Popsicles? All of the above?
- Large Ham: Most things get a few points from me, no matter what they are, if there's some hamming around. I'm just a sucker for overacting. It's just so fun to watch and do!
- Sociopathic Hero: I don't like why I like this trope. Maybe because it's the closest you can come to being evil while still being called a hero? I don't know and I don't like what it says about me.
- The Anti-Nihilist: This trope is actually pretty fascinating to me. How does one
- Took a Level in Idealism: To a cynic like me, becoming more idealistic is much like somehow getting younger. It's curiosity, plain and simple.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: It is one of my personal beliefs that there are no lame powers, only people too lame to use them right.
In early 2017, inspired by Tobias Drake
's reviews (well, "liveblogs" is a more accurate term), I began a series of reviews on basically whatever I felt like reviewing, which are all on this website in the various forums and threads that the material I reviewed belonged to. Below is a a Google Document that has all the links to all the reviews that I've done on this website.
Here are the stories I am currently working on.
's Choose Your Own Bizarre Adventure:
My Little Pony: Choose Your Own Adventure:
Four Book series about Alchemy:
Medieval Russia Fantasy: