Hello and welcome to my contributor page.
I have an account on My Anime List
, where I am known as FOE-tan
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Rose of Versailles: A classic shoujo anime taking place before during the French Revolution. There's plenty of political and human drama to keep things moving, while all of the drama used remains believible. Currently on hold at 35 episodes so that I can make it my 200th entry on MAL.
- Princess Tutu: Another shoujo anime. This time one about guitar ninjas... ...I mean ballet dancing magical girls. Anyway, it is a great fairytale anime, so please watch it.
- Haibane Renmei: A slow-paced fantasy anime with a great atmosphere, created by Yoshitoshi Abe of Serial Experiments Lain (another one of my favourites) fame.
- Fancy Lala: Another mahou shoujo anime, but this one is more light-hearted that Princess Tutu, and can pretty much be considered a Slice of Life anime in terms of pacing and content. My main reason for liking this anime is because of its great cast, especially the main character, Miho Shinohara, who is unique and quirky, yet totally believable at the same time.
- My Neighbor Totoro: In my opinion, this is the only movie directed by Hayao Miyazaki that really lives up to it's billing as a classic masterpiece, although Only Yesterday, directed by Isao Takahata, is another great Ghibli movie. Anyways, Totoro is a classic pick-me-up movie with top-drawer animation and music.
- Angel's Egg: My other favourite anime movie, because I am weird and like movies which are extremely slow-paced and make next to no sense. Thankfully, this movie has some of the best artwork I have seen for a pre-90's anime, which is further supported by a unique atmosphere that makes this anime one of a kind.
- The Music Of Marie: An short (2 volumes. 16 chapters), but great fantasy manga with some great Clock Punk artwork and an interesting aetting, with some Mind Screw added in for good measure. The characters aren't the greatest, but the other aspects of this manga more than make up for it.
My Favourite Tropes
Tropes that apply to this troper: