Tropers: Crimson Zephyr
I did not hit her, I DID NOT - oh, hey Troper! This being the personal contributor's page of one Crimson Zephyr.
I was born in 1990, and currently live in Burlington, Vermont. I am currently a Ph.D student studying cell biology, biochemistry, and their applications in medicine. I discovered TV Tropes in 2009 when I was bored at work waiting for my assay results to finish compiling, and I thought I'd join in on the insanity.
Tropes That Apply to Me
- Accentuate the Negative: I have a tendency to do this.
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Girls: Averted, I'm a guy, but I don't write pure shipping fics.
- A Boy And His Dog: Most of my childhood can be summed up as this.
- Bollywood Nerd: Pretty much a poster boy for this trope. I have messy black hair, I wear glasses, I'm into science, I'm awkward around women...you get the idea. I even look a little like the guy in the page image! :D
- But Not Too Brown
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Normally, I'm pretty mild and easygoing, but if I get angry, I get angry.
- Badass Bookworm
- Brilliant, but Lazy
- Brown Eyes: So brown, they're mistaken for black.
- Cannot Talk to Women
- CloudCuckoolander: Sometimes. Actually, no, a lot of the time.
- Cold Ham: Though a Large Ham online, my Stoic Spectacles and tendency towards understated emotion mean I can only ever be this.
- The Cynic: I'm a deeply cynical soul.
- Dark Is Not Evil: I wear a lot of black clothing. Pretty sure I'm not evil.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Genre Savvy
- Wrong Genre Savvy: At times.
- Hollywood Atheist: Subverted. I'm an atheist, but I've grown out of the frothing hatred for religion.
- Nay-Theist: That said, if a god actually existed, I'd be all for trying to kill them.
- Hollywood New England: I was born, raised, and live in Massachusetts.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Lawful Good
- Megane / Specs of Awesome
- Paralyzing Fear of Sexuality: Yes, I have it. It's hampered my ability to have relationships.
- Perma Stubble
- Pungeon Master
- Silly Rabbit, Romance Is for Kids!
- Single-Target Sexuality: Has harbored a crush on his childhood next-door neighbor for the past fifteen years.
- Single Man Seeks Good Woman
- The Smart Guy: If my friends and I form a Five-Man Band, I am usually this.
- The Stoic: Even when I'm smiling, my face doesn't show a lot of emotion.
- Younger Than They Look: Happened a lot when I was younger.
Stuff I Like
- A Song of Ice and Fire
- The Lord of the Rings
- The Silmarillion
- Harry Potter
- The Odyssey
- The Iliad
- Star Wars Expanded Universe: The old one. Who knows about the new one.
- Historical fiction in general
- Star Wars: Original Trilogy only, please.
- Star Trek: II, IV, and First Contact.
- The Dark Knight Saga
- The Godfather
- The Lord of the Rings
- James Bond
- Dragon Age: Origins
- Chrono Trigger
- Paper Mario: The first two.
- Knights of the Old Republic: The first one. The second, less so.
- Mass Effect
- The Total War series
- Starcraft II
- ''The Elder Scrolls
- Fallout: New Vegas
- Game of Thrones
- The Newsroom
- Burn Notice
- The Tudors
- True Detective
Tropes That I Love
- A Father to His Men: This was, in fact, the very first trope page I visited.
- Badass Army
- Bash Brothers
- Earn Your Happy Ending
- The Good King: Because they aren't always evil or insane.
- My Master, Right or Wrong
- The Republic
- Romanticism Versus Enlightenment
- Silly Rabbit, Cynicism Is for Losers!
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism
- Sorcerer King
- Succession Crisis
- We Used to Be Friends
- The World Is Just Awesome
- Young Conqueror
Vandalism and the vandalizing vandals who vandalize.
- Comment - Flyboy
- *scribbles on page* Damn, the mission's been compromised! *jumps out the window* - whataboutme
- Divert all power to energy weapon. -desdendelle
- This section is pretty barren. Time to change that. -HellmanSabian
- A reference to The Room? You deserve vandalism for that alone, my friend. Bravo. - Blake Diamond