Me: My life is nothing like a romantic comedy high school movie.
Me: ...right, except my movie would have songs that were actually good.
I'm a fangirl for:
Tropes that apply to me:
- Meaningful Username: Kind of. Adele is the main character of a book I'm writing and I'm an avid Harry Potter fangirl.
- Berserk Button: Homophobia, useless teachers, and Twilight.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Chocolate. Any chocolate.
- Glasses Pull: I wear shades just so I can do this.
- Took a Level in Badass: Between 6th and 7th grades.
- Captain Obvious: I say this. A lot.
- Sarcastic Clapping: Usually accompanied with "Congratulations, you have achieved absolutely nothing productive!"
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: I'm usually the "she" in this statement.
- Noodle Incident: No one can prove I had anything to do with the Sour Cream Fiasco. I hope.
- Tempting Fate: Oh, Gianna, my BFF... I love her, but when will she learn?!
- If You Die I Call Your Stuff: I jokingly do this with my friends.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: At school, I can be nasty. But it's the only way I'd survive. And, let's face it, it's way more fun this way. (Colon Three)
- Jerkass Fašade: See above.
- Brainy Brunette
- Brilliant but Lazy: I'd write something about this, but that would mean reading the trope to make sure I qualify, thinking of examples, editing my spelling... Too much effort, really.
- Survival Mantra: Must. Not. Strangle. Classmates.
- Blue Eyes
- Big Cute-ish Teenager
- Yuri Fangirl: Still haven't figured out WHY, though...
- Bi the Way: Come to think of it, THIS is probably why.
- Covert Pervert: Ohhhhh yeah.
- Bile Fascination: With Twilight. Hated the first book, but read the second book and snippets of the fourth anyway.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: OOOH yeah. I discovered this website when I googled A Very Potter Musical for fun. Nealry a year later, here we are.
- Tsundere: Me and my best friend are both this. I'm usually in dere mode, unless you piss me off. My friend is usually in tsun mode.
- Fanfiction: Yes. I write fanfic.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Awesome?: I've found that everything can be made awesome while listening to The Tudors theme song.
- Adults Are Useless: I have NEVER had one helpful teacher.
- Do Not Call Me Susan: Because I will chew you up and spit you out.
- City Mouse
- Engaging Conversation: Every time a boy finds out I like The Beatles, Super Mario Bros., AND action movies, they tend to ask, "Will you marry me?"
- Shipper on Deck: For two of my youth group friends.
- Similarly, my Open Minded Parent of a father appears to ship me and a female friend of mine, dropping hints that he thinks we'd be cute together. I tell him She Is Not My Girlfriend, but leave out the "but I totally wish she was", seeing as how I actually do like her.
- Gamer Chick
- Open Minded Parent: I have one, and plan to be one if I ever have kids.
- Otaku Surrogate: My nerdy interests are probably why a good chunk of my friends are boys.
- One of the Boys
- Large Ham: On a good day, I can out-ham Invader Zim.
- Alpha Bitch: Formerly. I reformed, though.
- Daddy's Girl: Always was, but after the divorce it seems to be increasing. Wonder if the two are connected...
- You Are Not Alone: I have a firm belief in this.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Currently, my hair is dyed blue. It's also been blond and purple.
- Growing Up Sucks: Another belief I have, and the main message of Unlucky 13.
- Amazing Freaking Grace: A Running Gag is that my best friends and I start singing it whenever someone dies on a TV show.
- Running Gag:
- Mama Bear: I have one. For example, I'd mentioned a girl (let's call her Alice) in my choir class who'd been bothering me quite a lot. One day, my mother was a guest teacher for my drama class. Alice had drama first period. I was dreading fifth period, when I had drama, until...
Alice: (in the row in front of me, complaining to her friend, Becky) Man, that guest teacher in drama was such a bitch.
Becky: I knew she reminded me of someone!
Alice/Becky: (talk in class, ignoring my mother's attempts to shut them up)
Mom: (walks up to them) You two are Becky and...?
Alice. I've heard all
. (Death Glare)
- Alice never bugged me again.
- Proud to Be a Geek: I call myself a "nerd" though, which led to this exchange:
(at a party, Gus and I are sitting away from everyone else)
Gus: No, no, you and I are geeks not nerds.
Me: What's the difference?
Gus: Well, they're basically the same thing, except nerds are socially inept, while geeks aren't. We aren't socially inept, ergo, we're not nerds, but geeks.
Me: Gus, look at where we're sitting.
Gus: (notices that we're about twenty feet away from everyone else)
Me: Now look me in the eye and tell me we're not socially inept.
- Squee!: Quite often.
- Old Shame / Creator Backlash: Almost anything I wrote before I turned 12, emphasis on fanfiction.
- Wacky Homeroom: My entire school. This is what happens when you have Deadpan Snarkers, liberals, a Covert Pervert, a Ditzy Genius, a few Jerkasses, one Straw Hypocrite, a Southern Belle, a CloudCuckooLander, and a Brainy Brunette or two all in the same room. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
- Surrounded by Idiots: I think I am sometimes, but let's face it, I'm probably not.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: I wanted boobs. Then... I got them. Ugh.
- Nice Hat: I have two; a panda hat and a kitty hat.
- Bathroom Stall Graffiti: My school defied this one by putting up a piece of poster paper in the girls's bathroom, along with a sharpie, inviting us to write something there instead of the walls. It was a hit, and now there's a new one every day with a different topic written at the top.
- Undying Loyalty: Every now and then, I meet someone I trust (or love) enough for them to get this.
- Insufferable Genius: Not "genius," but I'm definitely insufferable.
- At Least I Admit It: I'm an Attention Whoring, insufferable, self-absorbed little bitch, but I'm always the first to say so.
- Younger Than They Look: Apparently. I don't understand it, but I've been mistaken for a 17-year-old when I'm 14, a worker at a bookstore when I'm 14 (meaning they thought I was at least 18), and a college freshman when I was in eighth grade. It's worth noting that I was wearing fairly nice shirts during all three of these instances. Maybe wearing a nice top adds four years or something.
- The Shepherd: On fanfiction, message boards, and the like, I try to make it a point to talk to new users, review their stories, etc.
- Cultural Cringe: I live in the US, and while I admit we're not so bad in comparison to some other countries, I am deeply ashamed of my country sometimes.
- Catch Phrase:
- "Call me Susie."
- "Could you be a sweetie and...?"
- "You're a peach!"
- "Well, in the book I'm working on..."
- "I saw this one post on Tumblr..."
Feel Free To Vandalize From Here On Out!!
- Lol, you sound like me, except a girl. I love Harry Potter, and most of those tropes describe me. (TV Tropes will ruin your life,Brilliant but lazy,Took A Level In Badass,etc.)~zack7521
- I read your entry on the Spoiled Sweet Troper Tales. You sound like a mini me with all your school issues don't worry. It gets better. - Bold as Love
- Saw your comment on my page. Have no clue how this commenting thing truly works but hey, pin my ears back if I'm doing it wrong. ;) Anyway, thanks! I'm glad my organised page was worth a comment. I'm too much of a neat freak to have it any other way. Also, it is funny how much Beatles fans propose to marry fellow fans and divorce non-fans. ;) - Amethystasheryn.
- If you have to declare yourself brainy, that's not a good sign. ~Veleta0
- Hm. And here I thought your handle was a reference to Hocus Pocus, Adele Polkiss by Ecmm. — Looney Toons
- Nice to see a fellow troper with a cliquey guilty pleasure! - Fourteenwings