Trivia: Video Games Awesome!
- Colbert Bump:
- Enforced Method Acting: Fraser apparently forbids the others from playing or learning about some games until they play them on the show. He also wouldn't let them see the Babysitting Mama doll until he gave birth to it on camera.
- Internet Counterattack: Fraser has made it no secret that Nintendo's legal department not been shy about abusing YouTube's Content ID system to force videos that VGA has uploaded involving Nintendo games off of the site (odd when one considers how most other video gaming channels seem to get by just fine when it comes to Nintendo content). So when Nintendo uploaded a Nintendo Minute video that appeared to copy the VGA format, and when a fan subsequently brought the video to Fraser's attention, who then posted the video to the Video Games Awesome Facebook page, the video was instantly flooded with angry comments from irate VGA fans calling Nintendo out on their hypocrisy. However, Fraser himself then left a comment on the video saying that he did not seriously believe the video to be a "blatant copy," and simply found the similarities amusing enough to bring to attention. It's worth noting that Nintendo of America started to change up some of the format of the Nintendo Minute videos showcasing select games from then on, probably not realizing the similarities at first to an already existing show.
- One of Us: The crew is aware of VGA's TV Tropes entry, and Fraser has stated that he has spent hours browsing this website.
- Schedule Slip: Fraser's inability to ever release a Show and Trailer on its original set date has practically become a Running Gag. It's reached the point where most announcements on the show are followed up by a disclaimer from Ben or Becky that the viewers can expect it on any day other than the one Fraser has in mind.
- The Wiki Rule: Yep.
- Why Fandom Can't Have Nice Things:
- The Minecraft server had to be whitelisted due to griefers.
- The chat during live streams is now Turbo club-members only to prevent the show's increasing viewership from spoiling the games being played and trolling Fraser and co.
- Which only reduced the number of people shouting spoilers. Spoilers continued from even the turbos near constantly through Snarfs, so much so that it is now a bannable offense to help them before they ask for it.