Trivia: System Shock
- Fan Nickname: "Goggles" (AKA The Soldier from the sequel.)
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The first game is absent from any digital distribution method and almost impossible to find legally, and the only "legal" copies are second hand.
- Getting an original, mint copy is one matter. Making it to work on 5th generation PCs is a whole different can of worms...
- For the original System Shock, the fans created an enhanced version that runs on modern systems.
- The sequel has several fan fixes, including a patch from an anonymous programmer (based allegedly on leaked source code) that updates the engine. The GOG and Steam releases come with the patches already applied, so now SS 2 can be bought not only fully compatible with all Windows up to 8, but also with support for very high resolutions, widescreen, mousewheel, and more.
- System Shock 2 has modern computer-compatible releases through GOG.com and Steam.
- Real-Life Relative: SHODAN is voiced by Terri Brosius, wife of Eric Brosius, sound engineer and composer of System Shock 2. (She, too, was a Looking Glass employee at the time.)
- Screwed by the Lawyers: System Shock 2 was one of the most requested releases at GOG.com. Unfortunately, due to Looking Glass Studios' assets being acquired by Meadowbrook Insurance Group after they closed down and EA holding the trademark of the System Shock name, it took until February of 2013 for them to get the rights to release it.