Trivia: System Shock
- Contest Winner Cameo: The audio logs of Norris in the sequel are voiced by a System Shock fanboy who won the contest.
- Fan Nickname: "Goggles" (AKA The Soldier from the sequel.)
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: For many years, the first game was absent from any digital distribution method and almost impossible to find legally, and the only "legal" copies were second hand. Thankfully that is no longer the case, as Night Dive Studios tracked down the rights and released a System Shock: Enhanced Edition with patches and updates to keep the game up to date with modern computers such as the addition of mouselook by default and support for higher resolution, fixed bugs from the original game, and more. The CD re-release of the game is also bundled with Enhanced Edition (and GOG.com also provides the original floppy disc version), allowing the DOS version of the game to be available digitally.
- Real-Life Relative: SHODAN is voiced by Terri Brosius, wife of Eric Brosius, sound engineer and composer of System Shock 2. (She, too, was a Looking Glass employee at the time.)
- Screwed by the Lawyers: System Shock 2 was one of the most requested releases at GOG.com. Unfortunately, due to Looking Glass Studios' assets being acquired by Meadowbrook Insurance Group after they closed down and EA holding the trademark of the System Shock name, it took until February of 2013 for them to get the rights to release it.