Trivia: Speed 2: Cruise Control
- Backed by the Pentagon: Navy SEALs were involved in the making of the movie. They were inside the underwater tank used for the "underwater kissing" scene.
- Box Office Bomb
- Fatal Method Acting: Very narrowly averted when Patric performs a motorcycle stunt, flying 30 feet into the air.
- Also narrowly averted with Bullock, who was nearly decapitated by the cruise ship's rudder during the water sequences.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: The film features Jesus as its Big Bad. And Jango Fett as the ship's first officer.
- Money, Dear Boy: Bullock did the movie to get the financing for Hope Floats.
- Old Shame: For Bullock and Patric.
- What Could Have Been: The script of the film was originally written for a third Die Hard film.