- Name's the Same: Crystal Weston Chandler and Crystal Weston Chandler, Chris-Chan's sister and daughter respectively.
- Schedule Slip: Many issues took up to a year to be completed.
- Streisand Effect: Much of the comic was fueled by Chris's attempts to fight back after 4chan and Encyclopedia Dramatica tried to troll him, creating an infinite loop where he would create new material, which would lead to more trolling, which would lead to more material...
- Tribute to Fido: Patti-Chan is based on Chris's dog, Patti.
- Write Who You Know: Most of the characters that aren’t Pokémon or hedgehogs are derived from people the writer has met or “known” in real life.
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants: The Random Events Plot certainly owes to its creator doing everything on the fly, basically hearing the characters as they bump into his mind.
- What Could Have Been: Metal Sonichu was planned to return while taken over by Count Graduon.
- Why The Fandom Cant Have Nice Things: Chris has not made a Sonichu comic in years due to his (justifiable) belief that his fanbase consisted solely of trolls. He has stated that he feels the fanbase sabotaged his attempts to court a female acquaintance just so he can make more comics.
- The Wiki Rule: CWCki, while mostly focusing on the bizarre life of its creator, also has a large section devoted to his comic.