Trivia: School of Rock
- Creator Backlash: Screenwriter Mike White disowned School of Rock after director Richard Linklater decided to play up gay stereotypes without his involvement. Being bisexual and with a gay father, White was not pleased when he saw the final product.
- Genre-Killer: This movie more or less killed the Save Our Students sub-genre in favor of a variation of Adults Are Useless using teachers. Newer attempts at relaunching the genre (Freedom Writers, Larry Crowne) have failed in favor of films inspired by this (such as Bad Teacher).
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Miranda Cosgrove, prior to Drake & Josh and iCarly, as Summer.
- Irony as She Is Cast: Miranda Cosgrove is a much better singer than her character, Summer Hathaway.
- Playing Against Type: Joan Cusack is even pointed out to be doing this on the DVD commentary, portraying the uptight principal of a school.
- Not to mention Sarah Silverman playing Ned's even-more-uptight girlfriend Patty.
- Reality Is Unrealistic: The opening scene with Dewey landing face-first during a failed attempt at a stage dive was inspired by a Cult show Jack Black went to where "Jaded Los Angelinos" failed to catch singer Ian Astbury during a stage dive.
- Written by Cast Member: Mike White wrote this movie and also portrays Ned Schneebly.