Trivia: Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Cathal J. Dodd reprised his role as Wolverine from the hit 1990s cartoon.
- Marth Debuted in Smash Bros.: A joke says that for a long time, more people knew of Shuma-Gorath from this series than they did from the Doctor Strange comics.
- What Could Have Been: Capcom originally planned to introduce Karin, Sakura's rival from her Sakura Ganbaru! manga spinoff, as a fighter in this game before they did so in Street Fighter Alpha 3, similar to what they did earlier with Shadaloo Cammy in X-Men vs. Street Fighter. The sprites they drew for her fighting stance were already inserted into the game's data (as can be seen here), and as it turns out, she was originally planned to be a head swap of Sakura with boots instead of sneakers, bicycle shorts under her skirt instead of bloomers, and different gloves.
- According to some sources, Doctor Doom and Iron Man were meant to be in the game, but due to rights issues could not make the roster. Cyclops and Omega Red replaced them instead.
- This game, along with Capcom's other X-Men fighting games, were planned to be included in Marvel vs. Capcom Origins. However, rights issues, and the fact Capcom didn't see Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter as "good enough", prevented them from doing so.