YMMV: Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
- Critical Research Failure: Orange and blue Spider Man.
- Ear Worm: Captain America's theme.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: For some strange reason, Shuma-Gorath is popular in Japan.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Cody and Jessica cameo in the Mall stage, with the former wanting to fight so badly, and Jessica being horrified. Come Street Fighter Alpha 3, they broke up due to Cody being addicted to fighting, which then puts Cody in jail.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: This winquote sums it all:
"No one can compare to me. Not even a mayor!"
- Also, one of Zangief's winquotes:
- Memetic Mutation: Some of Webhead's lines, such as, "One for J.J.!" and "Do your job!" (or alternatively, "DO YOUR GODDAMN JOB!") are minor memes in the community.
- Porting Disaster: The PS1 port omitted the tag team gameplay due to the system's limitations. Nothing new as X-Men vs. Street Fighter did so too. The faster gameplay and extra color schemes more then made up for it and theres a somewhat limited version of the tag team included.
- Squick: One of Norimaro's planned attacks for the Japanese version had him fantasizing about a certain Capcom character and spouting a nosebleed. Two of these characters were Anita from Darkstalkers and.... Zangief.
- That One Boss: Cyber-Akuma, a clone of Akuma, created by Apocalypse.
- The Scrappy: Most serious players find the game to be stale and boring due to all the nerfs and balancing done to the game in reaction to the sheer insanity of the previous game. Also, despite all this, Wolverine is still broken.