Trivia: Kiddy Grade
- The series was originally conceived of as a three-episode OVA.
- All There in the Manual: Many of the events referenced in flashbacks are only fully explained in the supplementary materials—not to mention the name of one of the supporting cast.
- Anime First: although it was preceded by the two volume "Pre-story" novel, Kiddy Grade Pr.
- No Export for You: While the anime has been released multiple times on DVD in English, the manga, novels, audio CDs, movies and Blu-rays remain resolutely Japanese-only.
- Playing Against Type: Alv, one of the villains, is voiced by Kikuko Inoue in Japanese and by Laura Bailey in English, both of whom tend to play more traditional heroine roles.
- Retroactive Recognition: Yes, folks. This is one of Aya Hirano's earlier works before she exploded in popularity thanks to Haruhi Suzumiya and Lucky Star
- Universe Bible: There is a wealth of background material only touched on in the show that is reproduced in the books that came with the limited edition release in Japan, including a detailed timeline from the near future up to the mid 25th century where the series is set.
- In Classical Mythology, Deucalion survived the flood brought about by the Greek gods and became the progenitor of the human race along with his wife Pyrrha.