- Actor-Inspired Element: Her secret admirer was originally scripted to just send her flowers and jewellery, with stock love notes in there. Kaitlyn requested that they be changed to something she herself would want to receive. See Geeky Turn-On on the main page. It also added a bit of Fridge Brilliance to the story when AJ was revealed to be behind the letters; who else but Kaitlyn's best friend would know exactly what she would want to receive?
- Adored by the Network: Well by Triple H anyway. Kaitlyn says that Triple H always lobbied for her, especially against Vince.
- Dye Hard: Her trademark Multicolored Hair of course.
- Executive Meddling: Was pressured into being more girly when she first debuted. She talked about wearing an outfit that she described as 'tomboyish but still sexy' - but being told she wasn't allowed to wear it. Likewise AJ wasn't allowed to wear her Chuck Taylors at first, management preferring the girls to wear sparkly dresses.
- One of Us: Seems more into celebrities like Chuck Norris and daytime talk shows like Maury compared to AJ. Is also a massive fan of The Simpsons.
- The Pete Best: Was a last minute replacement for Vickie Guerrero's first NXT Rookie Aloisia but she ended up winning the contest. Despite that, she lost more matches and contests than AJ and the runner-up, Naomi (who was clearly the better competitor than them both).
- Reality Subtext: After Kaitlyn's Heel-Face Turn on NXT, she and AJ were suddenly presented as best friends - reflecting a real life friendship behind the scenes.
- What Could Have Been:
- Her initial name in FCW was 'Ricky Vaughn' but was changed to Kaitlyn when she was chosen to appear on NXT Season 3.
- She was planned to turn heel and join Beth Phoenix and Natalya as the third member of the Divas of Doom. If you watch Kaitlyn's matches on NXT Redemption and against the DOD on Smackdown, commentators definitely foreshadow the planned angle with suggestions as to how Kaitlyn would fare if Beth took her under their wing. Likewise Kelly Kelly and Eve had acquired the newly babyfaced Alicia Fox as their third member, clearly setting up a 6-Diva feud. But the segment showing Kaitlyn turning heel was cut from the broadcast. According to a former writer, it was planned to be re-shot but "some other Diva drama" happened backstage and Vince stopped the entire Divas of Doom storyline.
- The Booker T assistant storyline was pitched by her and would have ended with her becoming the assistant. The storyline was okayed but at the last minute was changed to Eve becoming the assistant instead.
- Who knows how Kaitlyn's career would have gone had it not been for the infamous battle royal? A long standing rumour was that Eve had been scripted to win the battle royal, and eliminated herself by mistake. Kaitlyn confirmed these rumours after her departure, claiming that she was told they had to write her out of the storyline - but she lobbied to be included in it anyway.
- Was the first NXT Winner to win a title in WWE before any of her predecessors. Season 1 winner Wade Barrett became Intercontinental Champion after fellow contestants Heath Slater, David Otunga and Justin Gabriel had all held tag team gold. Season 2 winner Kaval asked for his release (or rather, was forced out in a way it could be said he asked for his release) before he could win any titles - and even then Michael McGillicutty (later Curtis Axel) would hold the Tag Team and Intercontinental titles. There has yet to be a Season 4 winner to hold a title in WWE.
- In 2013 she was personally asked to grant a wish for the Make A Wish Foundation - the first time a WWE Diva had been requested since Kelly Kelly was still with the company.
- Had no money in her account when she was called up to TV. She claims John Laurinitis gave her $1000 to buy wrestling gear and dresses to wear on TV. Additionally her first match ever was on NXT in front of a live crowd.
- She shared an apartment complex with her NXT predecessor Aloisa. According to Kaitlyn, there were no hard feelings.