Trivia: Judge Judy
- Cast the Expert: Though she's not acting as a sitting judge on the show, Judith Sheindlin is a member of the New York bar and really did spend many years as a judge.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: One installment of the show featured musician John Lydon, a.k.a. Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols, being sued by a former member of his band for breach of contract and assault. Clearly irritating the judge a number of times, he nevertheless won, his final statement being, "Fairly obvious conclusion."
- Also appearing as a plaintiff in the '90s was Jon Byner, who some might remember as the star of the Showtime '80s TV program Bizarre and the film Transylvania 6-5000.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: 1970s Game Show fans may recognize announcer Jerry Bishop from The Cross Wits, while 1980s child viewers may instead recognize him for announcing various promos on the Disney Channel.
- Reality Subtext: A side effect of the above California Doubling was revealed in a 2008 episode when an earthquake struck during filming.