- Executive Meddling: Valerie owes her entire existence to this. As the comic was about to be retooled into one about a traveling band, Pepper was dropped from the comic at the request of higher-ups due to being too similar to student protesters and activists at the time. Valerie was then introduced, and the rest is history.
- Follow the Leader:
- Archie Comics knew a good setup when they had one. A story about a redheaded hero being fought over by a blonde and a brunette, while having a brunette rival and a quirky, dark-haired best friend.
- The comic itself underwent many retools in response to pop-culture trends. In 1968, due to the popularity of Laugh In, the comic became a Laugh-In clone, even using catchphrases directly borrowed from the show.
- Cowboy BeBop at His Computer: Some references have "The Nemo's A No-No Affair" as the first episode. This was probably the first produced episode; "A Greenthumb Is Not A Goldfinger" was the first to air on CBS September 12, 1970.
- What Could Have Been: The Pussycats were originally meant to appear as teammates of the Scooby Doobies on Laff-A-Lympics, but clearance issues with Archie Comics' imprint Radio Comics prevented it. They were replaced with Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels.
- Retroactive Recognition:
- Vindicated by Cable: The movie bombed at the box office, but found a following thanks to DVD and network reruns.
- What Could Have Been: Aaliyah was originally offered the role of Valerie, but turned it down. She died four months after the film was released. In a plane crash.