Trivia: How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
- Author Avatar: The Grinch to Dr. Seuss, not only because he was also a recluse. Seuss lived up on a hill in California and, every Christmas, would look down with distain upon the houses covered in cheesy lights and decorations below him.
The animated special:
- Actor Allusion: Boris Karloff voices a green monster.
- Edited for Syndication: For many years US network broadcasts deleted one of the "You're a Mean One" verses ("You're a rotter, Mr. Grinch...") as well as a genuinely disturbing moment in which the Grinch does his Slasher Smile while leering at several young Whos in their bed.
- Later ABC broadcasts cut the special down to the bare minimum, keeping the important story parts, deleting many of the Visual Gags, as well as a shot of the Grinch cracking his whip while Max pulls the sleigh up Mt. Crumpet. Averted with broadcasts on the Turner networks, which show the special uncut.
- He Also Did: Boris Karloff did the narration and the Grinch's voice.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: The Grinch Song is sung by Thurl Ravenscroft, who among many, many voices did those of Kirby in The Brave Little Toaster and Tony the Tiger.
- Cindy Lou Who is played by June Foray.
- Actor Allusion: There is the fact that Jim Carrey is playing a character with a green complexion.
- And it's the third movie he's been in where his character was involved with the color green.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Would you believe that's Taylor Momsen playing Cindy Lou?
- And Timmy the Magic Doll is the Bratty Half-Pint Grinch!
- Also, Lou Who is Mr. Noodle. Whobris is Balok. Betty Lou Who is Mary Katherine Gallagher. Augustus is George Bluth I. And depending on who you ask, Martha May Whovier is either Maryanne Thorpe, Dr. Beverly Hofstadter, or Becky Martin-Granger, or possibly all three at once.
- Jim Carrey seems to have a thing for playing green characters.
- The United States almost voted the mayor of Whoville as President.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Anthony Hopkins is the narrator.
- Throw It In: Jim Carrey stole Ron Howard's hat and improvised the impersonation. Howard was amused enough to put it in the movie.
- What Could Have Been: Tim Burton was offered a chance to direct the Live-Action Adaptation, but could not due to a conflict with another project he was working on at the time.
- For fans of Space Ghost Coast to Coast, it was disappointing that George Lowe didn't narrate the film and only narrated the video game. Imagine Space Ghost narrating The Grinch; admit it, that would've been awesome.