- The downhill sled ride to Whoville at the beginning.
- During the ride, the sled starts picking up so much momentum that it ends up passing Max. Special mention to Max sitting on the back of the sled, shrugging and waving.
- Special mention to a brief shot where the sled hits a loop-de-loop that winds up bringing Max and the Grinch face-to-face. Max grins sheepishly and waves, while the Grinch fixes him with a Death Glare, before abruptly realising they're about to fall and grabs onto the Grinch as tightly as he can manage. Because of this, the Grinch has to force him off of his body like he's stepping out of a swimming ring.
- If you can listen to one verse of "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" without at least cracking a smile, you must have garlic in your soul.
- All of the interaction between the Grinch and Max. All of it.
- Especially when the Grinch whistles to start the trip - Max leaps, mid-whistle, like a flying reindeer and excitedly gazes down at the town, eyes twinkling - cut to the Grinch and the best Aside Glance ever.
- Most of the visual gags during "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch", especially when the Grinch rounds up a bunch of globe ornaments by playing pool with them.
- When Max waves before everything goes tumbling down.
- The Grinch hating everyone in Whoville in alphabetical order.
- Crash-testing the Grinch's sled:
You know, if you asked the Who's Who of Whoville...
The Grinch: (gives a thumbs-up to his dog, who then hits the button to start the test launch)
They wouldn't deny it~
(The Grinch's rocket-sled launches forward, slamming into the wall at the end of the track, and headlong into a sign with Hit Here written on it)
The Grinch: (spending several moments staggering away from what's left of his sled) Airbag's a little slow...(Air bags deploy)...but that's what these tests are for! (slumps over)
- When the Grinch is debating on whether or not to go to the Whovilation:
The Grinch: The nerve of those Whos. Inviting me down there - on such short notice! Even if I wanted to go my schedule wouldn't allow it. 4:00, wallow in self pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one; 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me - I can't cancel that again; 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing... I'm booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. (Beat) But what would I wear?
- Made even funnier by the fact Jim Carrey improvised this whole bit.
- The Grinch arguing with his own echo:
The Grinch: I tell you Max, I don't know why I ever leave this place. I've got all the company I need right here. (shouts) Hello?
Echo: Hello, hello, hello...?
The Grinch: How are you?
Echo: How are you... how are you... how are you...?
The Grinch: I asked you first.
Echo: I asked you first... first... first...
The Grinch: Oh right, that's REALLY mature, saying exactly what I say.
Echo: ...Saying exactly what I say... what I say... what I say...
The Grinch: I'm an idiot!
Echo: You're an idiot... an idiot... in idiot...!
The Grinch: (whispering) Alright fine! I'm not talking to you anymore! In fact, I'm going to whisper! So that by the time my voice reverbarates off the walls, and gets back to me, I won't be able to hear it.
Echo: You're an idiot... an idiot... an idiot!
- During the Whobilation event, Cindy Lou nominates the Grinch, while the Mayor tries to think of an excuse for him not to go.
Mayor Augustus Maywho: And now the nominations for the whom-among-us who best typifies the qualities of whodom and whomonee ... the Whoville Holiday Cheermeister! Do I hear a nomination?
Cindy Lou Who: I nominate the Grinch!
Mayor Augustus Maywho: My, my. (to Cindy's dad) What an altruistic daughter you have there, Lou. (To Cindy) Cindy, let me quote a verse from The Book of Who. (His assistant hands him the Whoville bible, known as The Book of Who.) "The term Grinch he shall apply when Christmas spirit is in short supply." Does that sound like the Holiday Cheermeister?
Cindy Lou Who: True, Mr. Mayhoo, but the Book of Who says this too: "No matter how different a Who may appear he will always be welcome with holiday cheer."
Mayor Augustus Maywho: Whoa. Yes, well the — the Book also says, the, uh — "The award... cannot go... to the Grinch, because... sometimes things get the lead pipe cinch."
Cindy Lou Who: You made that up! It doesn't say that.
Mayor Augustus Maywho: Of course, it does!
Cindy Lou Who: What page?
Mayor Augustus Maywho: (nervously flipping through the book) Uh... oop! Lost my, uh... my — my place, but it's — It's in here!
Cindy Lou Who: But the Book does say... "The Cheermeister is the one who deserves a back slap or a toast. And it goes to the soul at Christmas who needs it the most." And I believe that soul is the Grinch. And if you're the Whos I hope you are, you will too.
- The Grinch's answering machine:
System Message: You have. 0. Messages.
The Grinch: Odd...better check the outgoing...(hits a button)
Recording: If you utter so much as one syllable, I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND GUT YOU LIKE A FISH!! If you'd like to fax me, press the "star" key. (*beep*)
The Grinch: ...oh well!
- How about when he gets a wake up call by singing the Whobilation song?
- His efforts to drown them out are even more hilarious. "Play, monkey! PLAY!"
- And then when Cindy comes in, she discovers him bending over, allowing the monkey to bang his head with the cymbals again and again.
- His efforts to drown them out are even more hilarious. "Play, monkey! PLAY!"
- And the bit where he's designing an outfit for the Whobilation; he goes to the kitchen and yanks the tablecloth from underneath a pile of metal junk, leaving the pile in place as he leaves. Then he rushes back in and knocks the pile off anyway.
- "It's not a dress, it's a kilt! Sicko!"
- And what's under the kilt when he rips it off? A garter.
- When the Grinch steals a yodeler's lederhosen, he does a few poses. And then this: "That's it, I'm not going."
- "I'm speaking in RHYME!!!"
The Grinch: Why, for year after year I've put up with it now. I must stop this Christmas from coming... but how? (Realizes what he just did.) I MEAN... in what way?
- "WE'RE GONNA DIE! WE'RE GONNA DIE! I'M GOING TO THROW UP, AND THEN I'M GONNA DIE! MOMMY! TELL IT TO STOP!"
Grinch: (exhaling; calmly) Almost...lost my cool back there.
- Once the sled becomes stabilized:
- The opening scene where he knocks people over with a marble and wreaks havoc on Whoville. He does stuff like go into the post office and switching and throwing letters into peoples' mailboxes, mostly notices for "jury duty" but you can also hear "blackmail", "pinkslip", "chain letter", and "eviction notice".
- The theatrics that the Grinch resorts to as he's trying to scare Cindy Lou Who out of his cave are hilarious. Also, they don't work.
The Grinch jumps off-screen, and then back in wearing a white T-shirt, which he begins ripping apart while screaming.
The Grinch: RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! BEFORE I KILL AGAIN!
Cindy Lou: Um, maybe you need a time out. *cut to the Grinch having a rather priceless look on his face and Cindy giggles, before Grinch turns to the audience*
- And then there's these lines after his theatrics fail:
- The scene when they sled out of control down Mt. Crumpit, fully detailed on the Heartwarming page.
- "It's because I'm green, isn't it!?"
- As the Holiday Cheermeister, the Grinch is being force fed pudding and fudge when:
- After receiving a razor as a Christmas present from the mayor the Grinch goes on a rampage and Hilarity Ensues.
Grinch: Uh-oh! Somebody's... FABULOUS!! (forcefully kisses the Mayor's cheek).
- The Grinch then gives the Mayor a sweet payback by using the razor on his head!
- His stealing of Christmas scene is very funny too, like when he saws around a tree then pops up after it falls:
The Grinch: Clearance sale, everything must go.
- Then when he makes the mayor kiss Max's rear end.
- Hello Martha.
- The Grinch's insistence that Cindy Lou mentioned a cheque when he shows up to be named Holiday Cheermeister.
- When the Grinch moves to sit down on a tiny car, you briefly see a point of view from the unfortunate passengers. Namely the Grinch's bum.
- When he crashes the car and notices the gas leaking. Despite it being a tiny car and how ridiculous it looks at him running away Demolition Man style, the car bursts into a spectacular fiery explosion.
- Grinch's response to Cindy asking what Christmas is all about.
Cindy: Santa, what's Christmas really about?Grinch: *Pops his head out of the stolen Christmas tree* VENGEANCE!!*Cindy recoils back*Grinch: *after realizing what he said* Er, I mean..... presents, I suppose.
- The whole scene with Grinch raiding the Lou Who house, from his entrance to the stealing of the tree.
Narrator: Then he stuck his head out of the fire place flue.Grinch: *shushes the narrator* A little more stealth, please.Narrator: *Whispering* Where all the little Who stockings all hung in a row.
- After Grinch makes his way through the chimney, we get this:
Narrator: Then he slunk to the ice box.Grinch: *Slams himself into the fridge* Slunk? *Opens it and smiles in glee*Narrator: He eyed the Whos' feast. He took the Who pudding *Grinch throws out something from the fridge* He took the roast beast.Grinch: *Is in football hike position and throws the food* HIKE!!!Narrator: *As Grinch is cleaning out their fridge sloppily* He cleaned out their icebox as quick as a flash. Why, that Grinch, he even took their last can of Who-Hash. *Grinch slides over to a cabinet and opens it*
- When the Grinch makes his way to the fridge.
- The scene where Grinch's heart begins to grow. While the scene is a mix of heartwarming/tearjerking, there's this bit:
Grinch: *As he is in pain* Max! Help me! I'm....feeling!!!
- Detailing the backstory of the Grinch and his Unstoppable Rage as a child...
The Mayor: The anger!
Mayor's aide: The fury!
Martha: The muscles!
- During the Grinch's rampage, he burns the Christmas tree. Cut to Martha Whovier's reaction.
- When the Grinch brings back all the stuff he stole and admits he did it, he holds his hands out to Officer Whoolihan, expecting to be arrested.
The Grinch: Aren't you going to cuff me? Put me in a choke hold? Blind me with pepper spray?Mayor Augustus Maywho: You heard him, Officer! He admitted it! (Whispers in his ear) I'd go with the pepper spray.