Trivia: Final Fantasy V
- Fan Nickname:
- Fan Translation: The SNES game was translated by fans and released before the PlayStation version came out, and consideredfar better than the official one, at least until the GBA version.
- What Could Have Been:
- In the concept phase for the game, Exdeath had two designs, one of which ended up being discarded. If Square had not chosen for the villain to be a Tin Tyrant, he would have been a Demonic◊ Centaur◊. Parts of his alternate look ended up being incorporated to Neo Exdeath.
- Also, early in development, Kelger was going to be human◊.
- Minor boss Magissa's design was a prototype for Lenna. The final design has fair hair and longer robes.
- It was originally planned for a US release under the name Final Fantasy III (which, of course, eventually became the number for VI abroad), and then a later attempt under the name Final Fantasy Extreme, due to the Job system being so much more in-depth than what the average RPG fan was used to.