- Development Hell: The movie, which was to be made by Nickelodeon, but Executive Meddling caused Jeff Smith to say no. It would be years before anything more would be heard, but then came Warner Bros. acquiring the rights. However, little has been heard from it since, with Jeff Smith not making too many comments on it.
- Executive Meddling: Nickelodeon wanted to change some things that were present in the comic for the fim. They also wanted the likes of Britney Spears and *NSYNC to sing for the film. However, Jeff Smith refused, and as a result, their version of the film was never made.
- Hey, It's That Voice!/Talking to Himself: Andrew "Kid Beyond" Chaikin played Phoney Bone and Ted the Bug in the video games.
- Old Shame: The reason why Thorn: Tales from the Lantern, a book consisting of the comic strip Jeff Smith that basically is a first draft of sorts, has never been republished. Fetches really high prices on eBay whenever it shows up. Some of the strips are on the online archive of the Ohio State University Cartoon Research Library.
- What Could Have Been: Nickelodeon was considered to make an adaptation, but they never did. See Executive Meddling above for more details.