Animated TV Series
- What Could Have Been: Cryo Interactive was set to make a game based on the animated series for the Playstation One, but it was never officially released. However, it was reformulated into a game called Pax Corpus that was stripped of any references to the series.
- The Wiki Rule: The Aeon Flux Wiki.
- Writer Revolt: According to Peter Chung, Æon Flux was first conceived out of his frustration with the creative limitations held over him while working on the pilot for Rugrats.
- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $62 million. Box office, $52,304,001.
- Disowned Adaptation: Peter Chung was very, very unhappy with the movie.
- Executive Meddling: The film suffered this as the studio took control in post-production, chopped out 30 minutes and had the original score (by Theodore Shapiro) replaced by a score by Graeme Revell.
- No Stunt Double: Charlize Theron did most of her own stunts. Production was even delayed for over a month while she recuperated from a neck injury she sustained while slipping during stunt training.
- Not Screened for Critics: Peter Chung once claimed to have felt "helpless, humiliated, and sad" upon seeing the film adaptation of his work. Apparently, this movie wasn't even screened for him (his sole allowed contribution was a single hour-and-a-half meeting with the people writing/directing it).
- Old Shame: The film managed to be this for both show creator Peter Chung and director Karyn Kusama (who had the film taken away from her in post-production).
- What Could Have Been: