- Nadia using her last ounce of strength to push Roshan over to Manny in hopes that he will be saved,
- The Art Shift Flashback in the cave that reveals Manny's Dark and Troubled Past. Even Diego has tears in his eyes at that scene.
- Diego taking the mortal blow for Manny during the battle with Soto at the end to protect him, as it is obvious that Soto's incisors slashed him fatally, and let's not forget that blow to his head that he got. And as he dies (the commentary for the first film confirms that he actually did die in that scene) he selflessly insists that Manny and Sid forget about him, since he wants to make sure Roshan gets home as much as they do now. This scene is especially heartbreaking if you remember that Manny has only recently lost his family, and now he is losing someone close to him all over again. His brimming eyes as he watches Diego leave them only serve to drive the point home.
- Young Ellie's flashback; a lost Mammoth calf all alone in a blizzard.
- This one may sound crazy, but the montage of the acorn "observing" Scrat and Scratte's moments together, accompanied by a rewritten version of Gilbert O'Sullivan's "Alone Again (Naturally). You can feel sorry for an acorn!
- Manny's realizing how much of a jerk he was to Sid lately, therefore causing him to steal the eggs and get taken by the dinosaur.
Manny: This entire mess is all my fault.Ellie: No, it isn't.Manny: Actually...yes, it is. If I'd been a better friend to Sid...then...we wouldn't even be down here in the first place.
- Sid's family return...to dump Granny with him, and get as far away as possible. Sid's reaction to being told this?
- Ah, they wouldn't do that! That's just mean, that's just cruel. That's just...my family.
- Peaches blaming herself for being separated by her father by the earthquake after a harsh argument with him that resulted in her disowning him. Even Ellie is trying very hard to suppress her own sadness and worry as she tries to calm her daughter.
Peaches (sobbing): Mom, this is all my fault! If I had just—
Ellie: Peaches, this is NOT your fault. Okay?
Peaches: What if I never see him again? And the last thing we did was fight!
Ellie: Hey, your father is the toughest, most stubborn mammoth I've ever met! He'll come back for us. That's a promise.
(Ellie wraps her trunk around her daughter with a look of sadness and worry of her own)
- As the group drifts in the sea, Sid asks Granny why their family hates them. Granny pauses, and in a moment of genuine clarity, admits she knows their family considers them nothing but screw-ups.
- When Manny with everyone returns to find the bridge where he told Ellie and Peaches to wait for him destroyed with no sign of either one of them; for a brief moment he closes his eyes, clearly thinking he's lost his family a second time. The others also look sad as well, even Granny, who just joined the group and shows further proof that she's not really as crazy as she seems.
- Peaches tries to impress the mammoths by denying her friendship with Louis; unfortunately, he hears her, and then leaves, looking utterly crushed.
Louis: (sadly) Good to know. (begins to tunnel away)
Peaches: Louis, wait!