Certain shout outs for The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo belong here
Certain shout outs for A Pup Named Scooby-Doo belong here.
Certain shout outs for What's New, Scooby-Doo? belong here.
Certain shout outs for Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated belong here.
Certain shout outs for the rest of the Scooby-Doo franchise belong here.
open/close all folders
Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost
Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders
- In part of the movie when Shaggy and Crystal are far away talking, he can be heard talking about his first encounter with the Witch's ghost.
- While escaping the aliens:
Shaggy: Hey come on guys, don't ya need to phone home or something!?
- During the song Shaggy sings, he says when he and Crystal get a house, they'd fill it with stuff from 1969, the year Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! premiered.
Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase
- The Phantom Virus looks similar to the Ice Demon the gang faced as preteens.
- "There's no place like home."
- Just like Kevin Flynn, the gang get sent into the digital world.
- The gang are in a grassy backyard, less than an inch tall and are chased by chased by regular sized bugs in the fifth level.
- Cyber-Shaggy's outfit (red top and jeans) is from The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Meets the Boo Brothers, Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School, and Scooby-Doo! and the Reluctant Werewolf.
- Past costumed villains that gang faced that appear in the last level Jaguar, the Gator Ghoul, the Creeper, the Tar Monster and Old Iron Face, though this time, the cyber villains are real.
- Superman and Digimon: Digital Monsters are parodied.
Scooby-Doo and the Legend of the Vampire
- The first time the gang have band practice, they play the theme tune of What's New, Scooby-Doo? for a few seconds.
- The Yowie Yahoo is a parody of Chernabog.
- His name is most likely derived from bigfoot-like creatures said to inhabit Australia known as the "Yowie" and the "Yahoo" part of the name being derived from an alternative name for the creatures.
- "Yahoo" is also a name of the multinational internet search site.
Scooby-Doo and the Monster of Mexico
- When Velma, Daphne, Fed, Alejo and Luis run into the movie theater, the movie title displayed in the marque is Legend of the Vampire.
- When the gang gets close to finding the guy responsible for the fake ghost, the ghost says "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."
- Another Wizard of Oz example is Daphne saying "Coyotes, wolfs and boars, oh my!"
- When the Dingoes are howling at the end of the movie, one of them is holding its leg in the air much like Aleu.
- During the DVD's commentary, as the opening credits roll by Shaggy humorously remarks "Who's this Casey Kasem as Shaggy? I'm me and I play myself. And Scooby wants to know who this Frank Welker is."
Scooby-Doo and the Loch Ness Monster
- Del Chillman is listening to "Back on the Train" while driving the Mystery Machine.
- When Shaggy and Scooby are falling through the air in the van, Shaggy shouts "Houston, we have a problem!"
- "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore."
- At one point, the loch ness monster pulls the boat backwards with floats attached before disappearing under said boat.
- The loch ness monster's head lowers so its red eyes peer in the van's window.
- The main monster strongly resembles the Giant Behemoth.
- When a torch mounted on the wall flares up, startling Shaggy and Scooby, it causes them to fall over and land next to a skeleton dressed in a white hat, red shirt and blue bell-bottomed pants during the scene of the gang searching through the cave lair of the Wiki Tiki.
- Velma grabs her glasses from under a closing rock door in the cave.
- One of the police officers arresting Manu resembles Jack Lord.
- The idea of bulky male character "Little Jim" having the nickname "little" is from Little John.
Scooby-Doo in Where's My Mummy?
Scooby-Doo Pirates Ahoy!
- "I feel like king of the world."
- Several elements from Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl are directly lifted in this movie.
- The mystery cruise name is Poseidon.
- The name of the Cruise director of the aforementioned cruise ship is Sunny St. Cloud, a pun off Charlie St Cloud.
Scooby-Doo and the Goblin King
- The Mystery Machine is again brought back to life and attacks Fred, Daphne and Velma, though, unlike the last time, through magical means.
- The gang are pursued by goblins/ghouls in a beachside carnival near the end of the film.
- When Krudsky uses the supernatural encyclopedia to capture the fairy, titular character Fangface is seen.
- Some references to the inhabitants of Halloweentown.
- One of the park stands at the circus that gets destroyed has Scrappy-Doo toys.
- In the scene where Shaggy and Scooby enter the monster bar, the Werewolf Ghost, one of the two Phantom Shadows, the Creeper, the Mummy of Ankha, a blue version of the Roller Ghoster, the Snow Ghost, the Ghost of Mr. Hyde, the No-Face Zombie, a Kelp Monster and Penguin's troll disguise.
Scooby-Doo and the Samurai Sword
- At one point, Sojo says "The plane! Plane!"
- The gang had previous experience of someone staging a mystery to attract their attention to find an artifact of power, only to have the summoned spirit turn on the one who summoned it before.
Scooby-Doo Camp Scare!
- The film's considered homage to Friday the 13th at the beginning.
- The Woodsman is related to the Fisherman killer with a hook.
- The Public Enemy and White Heat (both films starring James Cagney) appears on an old marquee.
- Scott Menville and Tara Strong voice a dedicated athlete and a gloomy goth respectively.
Scooby-Doo Legend of the Phantosaur
- The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms and The Valley of Gwangi appears on movie marquee.
- Velociraptors chasing Shaggy and Scooby into a kitchen bears a striking resemblance to a similar scene involving Lex and Tim Hammond.
- The idea of switching on and off bravery and competence with the use of a certain word by hypnotizing Shaggy was done to Hubert Hawkins, though with the snap of the fingers.
Scooby-Doo Music of the Vampire!
- During the movie, Velma says "Vampires don't sleep in coffins anymore. Nowadays, they sleep in Seattle." Though in the saga, the setting takes place near Seattle.
- The movie takes place in Louisiana.
- The name of the Fangenschanz acting troupe leader is Bram.
- Vincent Van Helsing is an author as well as vampire expert.
- Lord Valdronya convinces the Fangenschanz to kidnap Daphne in order to make her a bride.
- Lord Valdronya is resurrected along with his tomb being opened.
- The flashy yellow lights in "Music of the Vampire" text is similar to the High School Musical font.
- The sheriff who arrests Vincent Van Helsing and the Fangenschanz actors is based on Officer Don Knotts.
Big Top Scooby-Doo
- Rock star Wulfric Von Rydingsvard's last name is a play on "riding hood," not to mention his Wülfsmöøon band is werewolf-themed and his appearance is wolf like.
Scooby-Doo Mask of the Blue Falcon
- Past villains Miner '49er, the Creeper, the Zombie, the Spooky Space Kook the Black Knight, the Ghost Clown, Redbeard's Ghost, the Dryad and the Troll the gang had faced appear during the opening credits.
- Original characters Space Ghost, Frankenstein Jr., Mightor, Zandor, Claude Pertwee and of course, Blue Falcon and Dynomutt from the Hanna-Barbera franchise appear as well.
- Owen Garrison's treatment as an actor is similar to what happened to Adam West who played a campy version of Batman on television, when later movie directors wanted to distance themselves from that image.
- Owen Garrisons' name is a homage to Gary Owens, the original voice actor of Blue Falcon.
- The main villain of the movie is Mr. Hyde.