- The tower itself is named after a race from The Legend of Zelda
- Villain and his family are prone to this, shouting out everything from videogames, to live action TV, to anime, to music.
Awesome Prime: *thinking* Check it out! Gravity! *The ice around Awesome shatters, and he immediately flies towards the bomb, infuses it with more phazon, and kicks it to the ground has hard as he could* You ever seen Dragon Ball Z? My favorite part was when Freeza blew up Namek. Of course he died, but you have to realise, he succeeded!
- Nayru and Zero are character shout outs, referencing The Legend of Zelda and Mega Man Zero respectively.
- Ebony's race is from The Elder Scrolls Universe.
- Lotus's Holy Knight outfit is a shout out to Beatrix. Her magical abilities mainly come from Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy Tactics.
- Rawk's Azure Grimoire was a shout out to Ragna the Bloodedge, and he has referenced fighting games more than once. He eventually lost the Grimoire, and it was replaced with a new arm that is quite similar to the T-1000.
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent is mentioned several times.
- Leanne's race comes from The Legend of Dragoon.
- Tau Squadron provided commentary during their fight with VoA, Crung, Lotus, Sunflowers, and Crystal, most of which referenced Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
Centaur: *after VoA summons a large flaming bird* Warbler! What the hell is that!?Warbler: How the fuck should I know? I didn't know he was playing Phoenix, though!Neckbear: Buncha scrubs. Magneto, Hulk, and Phoenix. Honestly, they'd get mocked at tournaments. What are your orders, Warbler?Warbler: We can't fight that shit, man. Dark Phoenix is the most bullshit character there is. Retreat.
- Will, Masaru, and Alessio once went out to an arcade for something to do. Will was berated multiple times for picking cheap characters such as Ragna, Tsubaki, and Cammy.
- Ebony loathes a certain character that shares her name and calling her by one of the misspellings is a berserk button.
- When the heroes were chased by bounty hunters during the Tournament of the Shooting Stars, there was a complaint that they would rather be chased by Boba Fett.
- Multiple Star Wars references were made when the Heroes went into space during the Awesome Incident.
- Dr. Syringehand uses a variety of methods in an attempt to control his patients, even making them listen to the ten hour loop of Nyan Cat.
- Villain outright asks if Ebony ever saw The Shining before taking an axe to her door. He also quotes it when he is possessed.
- Ebony tells the others to use Google to find information and is dismissed by the others as being slightly crazy.
- Ebony owns a Robbie the Rabbit from Silent Hill.
- Black Mesa is mentioned.
- Alessio's mafia personality has a fondness for black suits, fedoras, butterfly knives, and mockery.
Shout Out / Prophesies Destinies And Killing Gods
A Shout-Out page for Prophesies Destinies And Killing Gods, because there are a great deal of them.