includes Shout Outs
to many newspapers comics (i.e.: Calvin and Hobbes
), and once a whole week of comics referencing Chrispy's favorite musical artists
- Day 1: "Roam" by The B-52s
- Day 2: "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel
- Day 3: "Burning Down the House" by Talking Heads
- Day 4: "Karma Police" by Radiohead
- Day 5: "Love Shack" by the B-52s
- Day 6: "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" and "Living Well's the Best Revenge" by REM
- Day 7: four Beatles songs, complete with the outfits from the cover of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
- "Magical Mystery Tour"
- "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"
- "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds"
- "Eleanor Rigby"
- A shout out to Monty Python and the Holy Grail in the form of an Unusual Euphemism here
- The comic collection Max is holding in this strip is an Ozy and Millie collection.
- "Angry mask inspired by Bowser Jr."
- Star Trek/Red Shirt reference
- Read the Alt Text of this comic. One of the commenters refers to Flanderization.
- Whenever Quincy shows up in the strip, expect World of Warcraft, Dungeons & Dragons, and other such references galore. One strip even managed to combine a DnD reference and a Pokémon reference ("It's a super-effective hit.").
- Tiffany's father is shown wearing a Kingdom of Loathing t-shirt, complete with modified stick figure (and another time outright playing it at work).
- In strip #573, Autumn gives Tiffany a celebrity makeover.
- One long Peanuts reference, especially the alt-text, here.
- Strip #735 unleashes a few in quick succession to, respectively, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Ginger's Bread, and Code Name: Hunter.
- In this comic's alt-text: "Tap softly and carry a big gift."
- In this strip, Ms. Pingo's ever-changing coffee mug provides additional shout out to REM and The B-52's, plus Ten Thousand Maniacs and New Wave Music in general.
- It's safe to assume many of the characters are fans of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. T-shirts are about everywhere, and Jacob decides to host a party of one, as it were.
- To The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy: Jacob Linkletter is mostly harmless.