Series: The Ben Stiller Show
Watershed early '90s Sketch Comedy show that produced 13 episodes (12 of which aired) on the Fox network. Originally a sequel to a show that lasted about as long on MTV a year earlier. The series starred Andy Dick, Janeane Garofalo, Bob Odenkirk, and of course Ben Stiller and was executive produced by Judd Apatow and written by Stiller, Odenkirk, Apatow, David Cross, and others.
- Adam Westing: The man himself provides a beautiful example in the "Information 411" sketch.
- Busman's Holiday: Lampshaded in Die Hard 12: Die Hungry
- The Cameo: In addition to West, other Camp favorites Rip Taylor, Danny Bonaduce, Casey Kasem and Herve Villechaize make appearances. During the between-sketch segments Ben hangs out with Sarah Jessica Parker, Garry Shandling, Bobcat Goldthwait and Dennis Miller, and annoys James Doohan with his obsessive Star Trek fandom.
- Mock Cousteau: One sketch had Andy Dick portray Jacques Cousteau as an alcoholic Cloud Cuckoo Lander.
- Two Decades Behind: Notably averted.
- Take That: The fourth episode had a sketch that was an episode of "Low Budget Tales of Cliched Horror". The episode in question, "A Call From Hell", was a parody of the TFTD episode "The Devil's Advocate", which starred Jerry Stiller (Ben's dad).
- Narrator: You're looking at late night shock jock Damien Faustman, a man who hates his listeners almost as much as he hates himself. Tonight, he'll learn that it doesn't take a lot of expensive special effects or an original storyline to come face-to-face with his worst nightmare... his soul.
- Why We Are Bummed Communism Fell: Well, it certainly hurt Yakoff Smirnoff's career.