Summer's Desire is a 2010 Mandarin production that was aired in Taiwan and mainland China. The story revolves around three people: Yin Xia Mo,who dated Ou Chen in high school. Ou Chen was a jealous rich kid, who forgot Xia Mo due to traumatic amnesia. Meanwhile, Luo Xi, an orphan who was taken into Xia Mo's family. The teenage tensions escalated until Luo Xi was forced to leave the country. Five years later, they meet again. She is an aspiring performer, Luo Xi is already a popular actor, and Ou Chen is the head of a vast entertainment conglomerate. And the love triangle is rekindled.
The series contains the following tropes:
- Arranged Marriage: The marriage was set for a finite time, and the divorce papers were drawn up at the same time as the marriage contract.
- Healthcare Motivation: Xia Mo agrees to marry Ou chen in order to give one of his kidneys to her sick brother.
- Hospital Gurney Scene: Just about anyone who was in the hospital.
- Idol Singer: Xia Mo wins a singing audition in order to enter the entertainment business.
- Ill Boy: Yin Cheng, Xia Mo's younger brother, who has some type of internal disease that's never quite explained.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: lost 5 years of memories and couldn't remember his first love.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Yin Cheng's father is Producer Yin. He is also Ou Chen's father as well.
- Pull the I.V.: Xia Mo and Luo Xi during their respective stays in the hospital.
- School Idol: Ou Chen was the most popular (and richest) high schooler.