is a 2010 Mandarin production based on a book by Ming Xiao Xi that was aired in Taiwan and mainland China. The story revolves around three people: Yin Xia Mo, who dated Ou Chen in high school. Ou Chen was a jealous rich kid, who forgot Xia Mo due to traumatic amnesia. Meanwhile, Luo Xi, an orphan who was taken into Xia Mo's family. The teenage tensions escalated until Luo Xi was forced to leave the country. Five years later, they meet again. She is an aspiring performer, Luo Xi is already a popular actor, and Ou Chen is the head of a vast entertainment conglomerate. And the Love Triangle
The series contains the following tropes:
- Arranged Marriage: The marriage between Xia Mo and Ou Chen was set for a finite time, and the divorce papers were drawn up at the same time as the marriage contract.
- Broken Bird: Both Xia Mo and Luo Xi; it helps that they are orphans.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Ou Chen, to the point of sending Xia Mo's other potential Love Interest on the other side of the planet.
- Destructive Romance: Due to Ou Chen's Crazy Jealous Guy tendencies, his and Xia Mo's relationship has shades of this.
- Devoted to You: From the day they met her, there always was only Xia Mo to Ou Chen and Luo Xi...
- First Guy Wins
- First Love: Despite their somewhat twisted and complex relationship, Ou Chen was Xia Mo's just as she was his.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Luo Xi.
- Happily Adopted: Xia Mo, her brother and later Luo Xi, during the high school arc.
- Healthcare Motivation: Xia Mo agrees to marry Ou Chen so that he would give one of his kidneys to her sick half-brother, who also happened to be his half-brother.
- Hospital Gurney Scene: Just about anyone who was in the hospital.
- Ice Queen: Xia Mo, as well as a Stepford Smiler.
- Idol Singer: Xia Mo wins a singing audition in order to enter the entertainment business.
- Ill Boy: Yin Cheng, Xia Mo's younger brother, who has some type of internal disease that's never quite explained.
- I Love You Because I Can't Control You: What first drawn both guys to Xia Mo.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Luo Xi, which makes him also being a Stepford Smiler very weird.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Ou Chen loses the 5 years of memories during which he met and fell in love with Xia Mo.
- Love Hungry: Both of Xia Mo's love interests have this kind of tendencies, especially after the time-skip.
- She does too, but to a far lesser extend.
- Love Hurts: Really, it could be the series' sub-title.
- Love Interest: As befitting a Love Triangle, Xia Mo has two of theses: Ou Chen and Luo Xi.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Just look at Ou Chen and Luo Xi...
- Love Triangle: The plot driving the series: Ou Chen and Luo Xi both love Xia Mo, who cannot seems to decide which one she loves.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Yin Cheng's father is Producer Yin. He is also Ou Chen's father as well. In both cases, he himself doesn't know until late in the series.
- Missing Mom: Luo Xi's mother abandoned him in an amusement park, of all places, leading to him being put in an orphanage.
- One True Love: Xia Mo is Ou Chen's, to the point that he still loves her even when he can't remember her.
- Parental Abandonment: The situation Ou Chen appears to be in. And then we learn that thoses are substitutes engaged by his trusted aid to play the part, since his real mother is dead and his father doesn't even know he is his.
- Pull the I.V.: Xia Mo and Luo Xi during their respective stays in the hospital.
- Put on a Bus: In-universe, what Ou Chen attempted to do with Luo Xi at the end of the high school arc by sending him oversea; it doesn't end well.
- Relationship Revolving Door: The main reason why up to the very end, we don't know which guy Xia Mo will end up with.
- Rich Suitor, Poor Suitor: During the high school arc, Ou Chen is the obscenely rich one and Luo Xi the poor one; however after the time-skip, they're both rich, even if Ou Chen is still richer.
- School Idol: Ou Chen was the most popular (and richest) high schooler.
- Luo Xi was also quite popular with girls, before getting sent away.
- Stepford Smiler: Xia Mo and Luo Xi.