Series: Ship To Shore
An Australian 1993-1996 series about a bunch of kids living on the fictional Circe Island off the coast of Perth. It had three seasons.Needs Wiki Magic Love.
This series contains the following tropes:
- Butt Monkey: Hermes Endakis.
- Completely Different Title: In Poland, the series was titled Wyspa przygód ("Island of Adventures.")
- Credits Montage: The credits sequence includes a number of clips from the episode playing in a short recap of sorts.
- The Food Poisoning Incident: All the adults except Hermes and Ms Selby eat some bad oysters in the "Follow The Leader" episode and the children are left in charge of the communications base while they puke their guts out.
- The Most Dangerous Video Game: In one of the episodes, the kids played a choose-your-own-adventure video game and, on a whim, gave the player character the appearance and name of Hermes Endakis. Shortly thereafter, it turned out that whatever calamity befalls the game's hero also soon happens to the real Hermes in real life. The episode doesn't make it clear if the game really could affect reality or if it was just a series of coincidences.
- Unit Confusion: In one episode, a report (later revealed to be false) came in of a tsunami 30 feet (10 meters) high. Since some of the older islanders still used imperial units, the confusion snowballed to the point that the wave was supposedly 900 meters (3000 feet) high, and the islanders prepared for Armageddon.