A 2009 ABC Family TV Show starring Alexa Vega
, and David Cassidy
The lives of Gallagher family is turned upside-down with the appearance of Ruby, a young girl who is revealed to the daughter of David Gallagher, a former singing sensation — The Rockits. Because of his busy career, David brings Ruby to live with his brother Patrick, his former partner in his musical career, and his family — consisting of his wife Audie, and his two sons Jordan and Ben. Ruby gradually adjusts to her life in the Gallagher household while she forms bonds with the rest of her new family.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Ruby's crush on her new bass drummer in Episode 5. Too bad he swings the other way.
- A Simple Plan
- Butt Monkey: Patrick and Jordan.
- Cousin Rivalry: The last episode features Jordan and Ruby fighting over who gets to spend time with Ruby's new friend who Jordan is also dating. Could be seen as Les Yay from Ruby's side.
- The Danza: Both David and Patrick played by half-brothers David and Patrick Cassidy
- Deadpan Snarker: Everyone has a turn with this. But it's usually Ben.
- Emo: Jordan. He just reeks of it.
- Fan Boy: Jordan is one towards John Mayer. He got in trouble for downloading the guy's entire catalog off iTunes.
- Happily Married: Audie and Patrick
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Aria Montgomery is Ruby's best friend and Jordan's girlfriend
- Kissing Cousins: Jordan having a crush on his oblivious cousin Ruby.
- There's usually a Running Gag joke of this in each episode. Example:
*Jordan is playing on the guitar and singing as Ben watches*
Jordan: Well, it used to be so easy in this house I call my own. But my heart's been bitten by a passion so forbidden. Love mosquito, leave me alone.
Ben: You know what's awesome about that song? It's really obvious and it sucks.
Jordan: You couldn't possibly understand my pain.
Ben: You have a crush on Ruby. *pause* Your cousin.
Jordan: What? That's crazy.
Ben: Is it?
Ben: Is it?
Jordan: What—Stop saying "is it," you little freak!
Jordan: Zip? What? Why? With who?
Ruby: My dress. Zip me up.
Jordan: *zipping up her dress* [faintly] What are we doing...?
[After Ruby leaves]
Jordan: I touched her back.
Ben: You're a mess.
- Na´ve Everygirl: Ruby.
- Na´ve Newcomer: Ruby
- No Ending: Thanks to ABC Family for cancelling the story after Season 1... *sigh*
- Only Sane Women: Ruby and Audie.
- Ordinary High-School Student
- Parental Abandonment: Ruby decides to find her Disappeared Dad following her Missing Mom's death.
- Plucky Girl: Ruby.
- The Pollyanna: Ruby.
- Raised by Grandparents: Ruby is raised by her maternal grandparents after her mother died. She leaves them to find her biological father.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: David and Patrick. Jordan and Ben.
- The Smurfette Principle: Audie was this in the Gallagher family before Ruby came along, and boy, is she glad to have another girl in the household.
- Squee or Squick: Jordan's crush on his cousin Ruby.
- Sweet Tooth: Ben and chocolate in Episode 3.
- Two Guys and a Girl: Ruby, Jordan, and Ben.
- Women Are Wiser: Audie.