Series: Devil Beside You
A cute girl develops a crush on the basketball captain, but discovers that he likes her, too! The two seem destined to be together, at least, until he shows up. He is Jiang Meng, better known as Ahmon or the Prince of Seduction, and he seems hellbent on destroying Qi Yue's life, blackmailing and embarrassing her. However, Ahmon's father—the wealthy president of the college—is getting married to Qi Yue's mother. Qi Yue soon discovers that the cute bad boy Ahmon is not that bad. If you've ever read or watched any romantic Asian media, you can figure out how it ends.This predictable but cute Taiwanese TV drama starring Rainie Yang and Mike He did exceptionally well. The 20-episode series was based on the manga Akuma de Sourou.
This show provides examples of:
This show provides examples of:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: There's a reason he's called the Prince of Seduction!
- It ends up being subverted though. While Ahmon is a jerk, he only ever is a jerk to Qi Yue in the first episode, before he decides he wants her. After, he'll act like a jerk for her or around her, but he treats Qi Yue very well, arguably better than nice guy Yuan Yi does.
- Almost Kiss: Happens twice in the first three episodes.
- Aloof Older Brother: Ahmon to Ahrang. They grew up apart.
- Beautiful Dreamer: Qi Yue
- Big Brother Instinct: Somewhat hidden as most people think Ahmon is an unrepentent bad guy, but he watches out for birds, and small children, and pedestrians in danger...
- Cloudcuckoolander: Qi Yue and her mother.
- Dream Sequence: In the first few episodes, Qi Yue has the most ridiculously over-the-top dreams about her crush.
- Flirty Stepsiblings: Qi Yue and Ahmon
- Guess Who I'm Marrying?: In this case, it's more like guess whose father I'm marrying.
- Handsome Devil: Ahmon, obviously. He's the Devil Beside You, remember?
- Hollywood Homely: According to Ahmon's friends, Qi Yue is this. Even after they give her a makeover, they sigh and say, "We tried our best. There's not much you can do with a 32B."
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Ahmon
- Lonely Rich Kid: Despite having a gang of loyal friends and a following of girls, Ahmon is revealed to be extremely lonely.
- Love Dodecahedron
- Not Blood Siblings: This avoids the whole Brother-Sister Incest line between Ahmon and Qi Yue.
- Orbital Shot:
- Parental Abandonment: Ahmon
- Piggyback Cute: The canon couple at the beach.
- Race for Your Love: Ahmon does this an awful lot.
- Ruptured Appendix: This happens to the electric guitarist during a concert, leading to Ahmon wielding a mask and going on stage.
- Sacred First Kiss: It's a big deal when Ahmon steals Qi Yue's first kiss.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: It's a Taiwanese drama, so this should be expected. In the second episode, Ahmon is literally about to punch Qi Yue when he changes his mind and makes out with her.
- Sleep Cute: Ahmon and Qi Yue after leaving the amusement park.
- Smitten Teenage Girl: Qi Yue for Yuan Yi.
- V Sign: For every picture and every cute scene.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Li Xiang, who has such a crush on Ahmon that she's pays upperclassmen to beat her up so Ahmon would take care of her.
- Wrong Guy First: Qi Yue seems to be the only one who likes Yuan Yi. The fans much prefer Ahmon.
- You Called Me X, It Must Be Serious: When Yang Ping is about to beat Qi Yue with a pipe, Li Xiang finally drops the "Prince" moniker when she asks Ahmon for help.