The VelociPastor is a short, faux grindhouse trailer made by BrendanSteere. Released to YouTube in 2011, whereafter it was featured on numerous blogs and screened on G4's Attack of the Show!.It is currently being adapted into a feature film.
This work provides examples of:
- Celebrity Endorsement: The Huffington Post article mentions that the news came to them Rosario Dawson approved.
- Doing It for the Art: The film was scratched manually in a black room. Then it was baked in an oven.
- Dull Surprise: Carol.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs
- Lampshaded Double Entendre: "What are you gonna do?" "What I do best." Cue makeout.
- Large Ham: The mafia boss.
- "I don't care what this thing is, or where it came from, it's carved a path through most of my men! I want this thing FOUND and I want it DEAD, DEAD, DEAD!"
- Mad Doctor
- Painful Transformation: The kindly pastor transforms into a dinosaur, hands first, while writhing in pain and staring at himself in horror in his apartment mirror.
- Sexy Priest
- Shout-Out: The priest's name is Doug Jones
- Sinister Minister: Unwittingly, after transforming into a dinosaur the pastor eats people on the streets before targeting criminals.
- Stylistic Suck: A boom mic comes egregiously into shot at 1:45.