Series: Dead Gorgeous
Ghosts attend school and Hilarity Ensues.The three Ainsworth sisters would love to have lives of their own...were it not for the fact that they were killed in an accident in 1860. So, fast-forward 150 years to 2010, when they've finally been given a second chance to go to school in their old house. At which point they discover how much the world has changed.Of course, barring the usual hijinks ensue, both due to their Fish out of Temporal Water status and the fact that the supernatural world seems to intersect with Ainsbury College in various bizarre ways.Oh, and there's one condition: They can never reveal their true selves, and they must not flunk out of school.They quickly develop their own sets of goals. Rebecca, the eldest, almost immediately sets her sights on hunky jock David, while sister Sophie feels pressured by academia. Meanwhile, youngest sister Hazel is quickest to adapt to her new surroundings. They're aided by their confidante Jonathan, the only living being to know their secret. Meanwhile, their liaison with the ghost world is a hippie named Agatha, who spends a lot of her time sitting around with greaser Buddy, Brawn Hilda Grendel and philosopher Sophus.
The series contains examples of:
- Alpha Bitch: Christine
- Antiquated Linguistics: The three ghost girls use this to underline their antiquated origins.
- Boy Meets Ghoul
- Brawn Hilda: Grendel
- Education Through Pyrotechnics
- Fish out of Temporal Water
- Free the Frogs
- Girl Posse
- It Tastes Like Feet:"This porridge tastes like cardboard.""You've eaten cardboard?"
- Lovable Jock: David. Affable and good-natured, he is not bright enough to be the Big Man on Campus. However, when he finds out that a nerd is being bullied into doing his homework for him (he was initially told the nerd was doing it voluntarily) he quickly forces the bully doing it to stop.
- Mundane Object Amazement: The sisters' first reaction to television.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: The main three are pretty much ordinary kids, just with a few customary abilities such as walking through walls.
- Portal Picture: In "Love's First Kiss", one of Rebecca's former suitors escapes from a portrait and traps Jonathan in the painting to take his place.
- Sadist Teacher: Miss Sinclaire
- Secret Keeper: Jonathon
- Triang Relations: A Type 5. Jonathon has a crush on Rebecca, who has eyes only for hunky jock David, who regards Rebecca only as a friend.
- Water Hose Rodeo: In one episode Hazel uses her ghostly powers to cause a hose to go haywire, dragging the gardener around with it and soaking a gang of bullies.