is a cop show about an undercover LAPD unit.
It was created by Jerry Bruckheimer
.Not to be confused
with the Kurt Russell movie of the same name
This series provides examples of:
- Becoming the Mask As they are undercover, this is a danger. Ty discusses this trope (without naming it) with Jaimie. Dean is in danger of it.
Carter: There's going under, and then there's stepping over. I get scared when I don't know the difference.
- Electric Torture: The very first scene!
- Fair Cop: Everyone.
- Faking the Dead: With Jaimie playing a patrolwoman that Ty "kills".
- Gut Feeling: Jaimie believes Dean is a Fake Defector.
- Hollywood Nerd: The team's tech lady, Tracy.
- Jurisdiction Friction: Between the feds and the team in the first episode.
- Mission Control: Tracy.
- Mr. Fanservice: The entire male cast. It's easy to identify the undercover cop in the very first scene, as he's the prettiest person in the room.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: In "Purity", Jaimie tries to get the mark's drug purity tester to set the team up, but when that fails, they're forced to plant evidence so they can blackmail him. Shaw finds out, and demands they take him to his lawyer and get him to say he wasn't coerced. They do, then proceed with the sting. Then the tester's lawyer-the one the mark set him up with-calls and tells the mark about the confession. The sting goes south, the team gets their mark, but the tester is shot in the head.
- Perma Stubble: Shaw.
- Precision F-Strike: In the season finale, the investigating NSA agent quietly calls Carter's story "bullshit". Rather shocking for a basic-cable show.
- Product Placement: Chevy; for all your law enforcement and criminal needs.
- The Blackberry Storm, commo of choice for all the stylish undercover cops.
- Be sure to drink Miller Genuine Draft after a hard day of being pretty and pointing guns at people.
- Sherlock Scan: Carter demonstrates this to Jaimie.
- Unflinching Walk: Accidentally done in "Venice Kings", when the team gets the location of a bomb with twenty minutes left, and calls the bomb squad. Carter and Ty walk up to the bomb guy as he's walking away from the car.
Carter: Did you defuse it?
Bomb Guy: Most of it. (hurries away)
Carter: "Most of it"?
(Car explodes behind them. Carter and Ty stop, turn, and look at it.)