A 2013 FOX
sitcom, cancelled after one season
. The series follows video game designers Eli Sachs (Seth Green
) and Warner Whittemore (Giovanni Ribisi) who both unexpectedly have their lives turned upside down by their fathers (Peter Riegert and Martin Mull, respectively) coming to live with them.
- Citizenship Marriage: Eli's father marries Eli's maid, Edna, so she wouldn't get deported.
- Diagonal Billing: Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi.
- Ethnic Menial Labor: Edna, Eli's maid.
- Like Goes with Like: Referenced in one episode, when Veronica has a date. When Eli asks if he's Asian, she says no and he (jokingly) calls her a racist.
- Promoted To Parent: Inverted, it's the sons who are promoted to a guardian-esque role for their parents.
- The Resolution Will Not Be Televised: The series was cancelled before the final episode, which was eventually aired online.
- Sassy Secretary: Veronica, Eli and Warner's assistant. She takes verbal abuse, but gives it just as much.
- Studio Audience: A rare modern example.
- Technician Vs Performer: When it comes to the business, Warner is the technician and Eli is the performer.
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: The titular dads. Made more complicated by the fact they're family, of course.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Between Eli and Veronica. And due to the cancellation, it will never be resolved.
- World of Ham: "Over-the-top" is the standard choice of delivery.