2013 ABC Sitcom
about a divorced woman (Terry Gannon Jr., played by Maggie Lawson) forced to move with her son Danny (Griffin Gluck) back into her dad's (Terry Sr."The Cannon" , James Caan) house. Cannon, a retired baseball coach, had pushed his daughter into the sport, where she peaked as a star player in college softball but now wants nothing to do with it. Hilarity Ensues
when Danny goes out for Little League, he doesn't make the team and Grandpa along with his daughter's rich friend Lulu builds a new team around Danny and the other misfit kids.Despite its short run, BITG has already been cancelled, ending at its original 13 episode run.
This show contains examples of:
- Alpha Bitch: Keely Summers, who was Terry's rival from her old high school.
- Always Someone Better: Keely Summers, Terry's rival from high school.
- Ambiguously Brown: Lulu. For some weird reason, her son Michael appears to be white.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: The Cannon and Terry in a father-daughter way.
- Big Screwed-Up Family: The Gannon Family.
- Cut Short
- Catch Phrase: "And here ends the lesson."
- Coined by the Cannon, repeated by Danny when he finds a way to profit from his grandfather's insane attempt to teach him one.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Danny's crush, Vanessa, is quite tanned with blonde hair.
- Gender-Blender Name: Terry Sr. named his daughter Terry Jr.
- Jerkass: League head, the aptly named Dick.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: The Cannon, definitely. He isn't the nicest person around, but get between him and his family and you WILL pay.
- Meaningful Name: Dick's name means a guy being an asshole or jerk at all times.
- Missing Mom: Terry's mom. It was said in the pilot that she lost her mom when she was young, refering to herself as "the little blonde girl that loses her mother".
- The Nicknamer: The Cannon. He calls his daughter "Junior" and Dudley (one of the kids on Danny's team) "fat kid."
- Papa Wolf: The Cannon big time. He almost took a swing at Dick for insulting his daughter and grandson for being so screwed-up.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: The team was to be called the Angels after the major league California Angels, but due to a typo on the uniform order they're the Angles.
- Sexy Whatever Outfit: Terry dressed up as a sexy Princess for Halloween, trying to outdo Keely.
- Spoiled Sweet: Lulu.
- Tomboy: Vanessa, being a quite able baseball player. And Terry, who is also very able at baseball, even if she was forced into it.
- You Go Girl: Terry, with being a former baseball player in college.