is a Discworld
roleplay on fanfiction.net
, notable for its fairly extensive, almost all-Original Character
cast and level of obsessive dedication its members devote to said characters
Contains examples of:
- Big Damn Heroes: As often as possible, but most notably in the hydra scene near the end of The Teatime Adventure.
- Break the Cutie: Can be applied to far too much of the cast, but most notably Declan, half the Jägerpuppen, and... Geier.
- Broken Birds: Many of the vampires or supernaturals, especially in the Alternate Universe story arc.
- Cast Full of Gay: Not Everyone Is Gay, but there are still an overwhelming number of male/male pairings. Not That There's Anything Wrong with That. Although some might say there might be something wrong with the fact that most of them are vampires.
- Guy on Guy Is Hot: Probably the reason for the above entry.
- Cast Full of Pretty Boys: Near-inavoidable, considering how many male vampires are major players.
- Also, the players who hold the most characters are all young women who enjoy the odd bit of animé.
- Cast Of Ridiculous Amounts Of Snowflakes
- Crapsack World: The Nightworld is this.
- Destructo-Nookie: Many of the vampires are guilty of this, being supernaturally strong (and occasionally quite sadomasochistic).
- Dysfunction Junction: Mostly thanks to Fanless and duchess-susan.
- Loads of idle non-"canon" Alternate Universe and Ho Yay/No Yay fic/art on the players' deviantART accounts
- Ridiculous leitmotif levels
- Practically everything not mentioned in the actual RP has been decided by the players out of game or in independent writing.
- Funetik Aksent: Many, but notably Piotr, whose grasp of English isn't the strongest, and his boyfriend Gwydion, who pronounces one L as two (llike this).
- Guide Dang It: Good luck trying to trawl through the whole RP's history to find out what's going on.
- The Immodest Orgasm: While deciding on certain details about the characters, the players agreed that several of them are guilty of this.
- Original Characters: Almost all of them.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Chaos expands on Discworld's vampires, and has evolved its own info about vampire genetics and biology.
- Running Gag: So many. So, so many.
- The king of the Orderly Chaos running gags is probably Pan's name, which has been Incredibly Lame Pun'd to death.
- Although the current favorite stems from one of TMOH's Sims adventures, and takes the form of "A likes B. ALSO C". In its original incarnation: "Geier likes unicorns. ALSO CASS?!"